Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How good is Phuket in low season?

wickedd

We all know that during high season it is maybe the most overpriced and tourist trap type of all.

But does this change during low season?

Not that much. hotel pricees go down. Maybee AS much AS 50 %. Saturday are busy in Patong. And there Lots of people around. The weather are unstabel, But I have Had Nice weather in august and late mai. If there are fewer girl , then there are fewer customers, still plenty to choose from. If you like Patong in High seaon, you will like IT in low. If you go there expecting a copyright of Pattaya you will always be disapointed.

Phuket an overpriced tourist trap....? if you say so, but tourists on a range of budgets visit it for a reason. It has a variety of beaches and other attractions in addition to nightlife, and accommodation to suit a variety of budgets and interests.

Bangla Road, party central in Patong, has plenty going for a two week squillionare whatever the season. Patong beach may not be to everyone's taste, but plenty of folk like it and there are plenty of other options on the island for those who don't. Pay a pretty penny for taxis and tuk-tuks, but who cares.... it's your holiday.

Those on more modest budgets will find more than adequate sustenance, entertainment and company in the Patong hinterland and beyond, at prices comparable to Pattaya and elsewhere. In the low season a good choice of accommodation can be had for 500 - 1000  baht a night. Rent a motorcycle @ 150 - 300 baht a day, and you are free to explore the island at leisure.

If you are into a bit of surf, Phuket has a bit going over the monsoon (May to early November), but take care if you just want to splash about in the shallows. With the monsoon come some mean rips and currents; worse on some beaches than others. Late November to April the seas are generally benign. Phuket's wettest months are September & October, but even then the rain comes in relatively brief downpours. Most of most days it is sunny.

Someone claimed that Phuket FL's in discos are not as hardened as Patttayas due to "softer clientele", any truth behind this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 08:18, wickedd said:

Someone claimed that Phuket FL's in discos are not as hardened as Patttayas due to "softer clientele", any truth behind this?

I would think the FLs in pattaya are hardened because they are dealing with more experienced mongers , 

in Phuket , there is a higher percentage of guys who are on their first and possibly last thailand holiday 

• 1 month later...

I am living here over 2 years. There is no difference between so called "rainy season" and "main season" in Patong at all. In rainy season these huge cruise boats not arriving and there are less fu*king Chinese on motorbikes around the town. One what is cheaper off-season is accommodation, but other prices are same-same, selection of ladies same-same.

• 4 months later...

i always go during "low" season end of april/may and end of October after the rainy season

I think it is a great time to go because there are less tourists and room prices are much better

There are plenty of available girls there all year around

On 1/21/2018 at 15:05, Micky2 said:

If you are into a bit of surf, Phuket has a bit going over the monsoon (May to early November), but take care if you just want to splash about in the shallows. With the monsoon come some mean rips and currents; worse on some beaches than others.

Also check the season for lots of big stinger jellyfish. They are monsters and all over the place.

Google may advise.

As for safety: one year I was in Kata in monsoon season. Red flags on the beach forbad swimming as it was too dangerous. Had to confine self to hotel pool, no sea.

I prefer low season , better hotel prices and less tourists , 

Dont like Patong in high season , too many people for my liking 

Low season anywhere in Phuket is great.

Having been there a tonne of times, transportation is easier, food is easier and even walking from A to B becomes less of a chore. I seriously doubt other than some accommodation the prices change that much though.

The two week millionaires have definitely spoiled some of the locals that are there for an enormous cash grab but once you're more than two hundred yards from Bangla in my opinion things calm down immensely.

heading to Phuket in two weeks

this will be my first 'low season' visit and am looking forward to a quiet stress free pussy filled week:Cross_Fingers:

12 hours ago, whynotme said:

this will be my first 'low season' visit and am looking forward to a quiet stress free pussy filled week:Cross_Fingers:

Enjoy!

Make sure you have shoes that can handle the wet and have reasonable grip.

Its fuckin funny watching people go ass over apex once the rain set in!

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 05:49, thebrewer said:

Enjoy!

Make sure you have shoes that can handle the wet and have reasonable grip.

Its fuckin funny watching people go ass over apex once the rain set in!

thanks

http://www.phuket.com/island/weather-september.htm

The weather in Phuket in September is at its wettest. As much as 419.1mm of rain (the highest amount of the year) is dropped over 19 days (the highest number of the year). This does, of course, mean that there are still some sunny days and the rain will generally fall only in short showers, with sunny periods between them. As a result of all that rain, humidity is at its peak of 77%. All that rain also brings down the average temperature to its lowest level of 27.3°C (81.1°F), with water temperatures also dropping to about the same level. Seas are rough and the winds from the west are strong and frequent, making boat tours impractical and uncomfortable. On the bright side, the tourist crowds are at their smallest, prices for flights and hotels are at their lowest – great for bargain hunters looking for five-star accommodation at rock-bottom prices.

Read more at: http://www.phuket.com/island/weather-september.htm?cid=ch:OTH:001

Archived