Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What options at 1.30am ?

DaveInOZ

Hi,

I will be arriving at BKK 27th March 09 at around 0100 - 0130, do any busses run to Pattaya at this time or will I have to take a taxi? Would it just be better to stay 1 night in BKK?

Any advice would be great, also if anyone is arriving the same time let me know

Cheers

Dave

No choice for you buddy

only option is the taxi

Should cost you around 1000 baht.

Hi,

I will be arriving at BKK 27th March 09 at around 0100 - 0130, do any busses run to Pattaya at this time or will I have to take a taxi? Would it just be better to stay 1 night in BKK?

Any advice would be great, also if anyone is arriving the same time let me know

Cheers

Dave

babydollsaddict.gif

Mr. Dream Transport Service is who I would recommend. Good English, nice, smoking allowed ride. The cost would be 1200baht on this one, but he will not be late.

Dave, I got out of customs at about 3:30AM last week and caught a taxi straight to Pattaya. 900baht. Was there in less than 2 hours, and was pleaseantly surprised to find MANY fine TGs out and about.

Taxis are your best bet and available 24/7, but make sure you go the the official counter outside of the Arrivals area. Avoid the private car service people that will try to get you to get in their car.

They'll be a table where a person will write down your destination on a ticket and give it to a taxi driver. Going to Pattaya, the price will be fixed, exclusive of tolls.

I've thought about this some.

400 baht taxi to bkk proper

1200 baht room

200 bell bus next day to pattaya and they will pick you up at your hotel.

1800 baht total

1200 baht taxi to pattaya

1200 baht room

2400 baht total

you get better deal to stay one night in bkk if you are there at one o'clock in morning.

plus, you get to visit Nana plaza one night.

A case can be made to spend the night in BKK.

I've thought about this some.

400 baht taxi to bkk proper

1200 baht room

200 bell bus next day to pattaya and they will pick you up at your hotel.

1800 baht total

1200 baht taxi to pattaya

1200 baht room

2400 baht total

you get better deal to stay one night in bkk if you are there at one o'clock in morning.

plus, you get to visit Nana plaza one night.

A case can be made to spend the night in BKK.

IMHO 1200 baht is gonna be a shit room in bkk. plus a expensive ST....personally i think buses suck! But the OP might enjoy them!!!

I've replied to this question many times, here is my take on it.

I would strongly recommend you go directly to Pattaya instead of Bangkok. The reason is pretty simple. To go to Bangkok the taxi turns right and travels for 45minutes. To go to Pattaya the taxi turns left and travels for 90 minutes.

At first it may seem that Bangkok is the go BUT REMEMBER the next day you will travelling during peak hour to travel that 45 minutes to the airport followed by another 90 minutes to Pattaya.

So with heavy traffic look forward to adding at least another 30 - 60 minutes to your travelling time.

IMHO it's not fucking worth wasting at least an additional 2 - 3 hours in travelling time the next day because I wanted to save 45 minutes the night before.

Whether you pre-book or get a taxi at the airport is up to you. WHAT I STRONGLY recommend is you book your hotel so at least you know where you are going.

You really don't want to be spending time looking for a room especially if you're totally jet lagged, when you could be out looking for pussy.

A bit of common sense goes a long way.

you also forget, by the time you get to nana it will be closed. several times taking NW from narita it's taken too long at customs and waiting for bags and missed nana, except the fl outside. And you will add all the extra travel time. Go to pattaya.