IGNORED

Dental recommendations

Jaws56

Coming to Pattaya in May for two weeks and while there going to get a new upper dental plate . Noticed a lot of dental surgeries and was hoping for any advice or recommendations from anyone who has used one.Thanks

46 minutes ago, Jaws56 said:

Coming to Pattaya in May for two weeks and while there going to get a new upper dental plate . Noticed a lot of dental surgeries and was hoping for any advice or recommendations from anyone who has used one.Thanks

They are located in Bangkok but I have been using Bangkok Smile and was very happy with them

http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/index.php

They only have locations is Bangkok and Phuket but if you were to consider using them you probably would need to stay in Bangkok for part of your trip 

13 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

They are located in Bangkok but I have been using Bangkok Smile and was very happy with them

http://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/index.php

I've been a patient there for about ten years; cost is about one third of Australia; quality is excellent.

When I fly into Bangkok I stay one or two nights at a hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11, so it is only a walk to the clinic. If I need more than one visit, I go again when en route to Chiang Mai or wherever (I normally find up to a week is enough in Pattaya in one go!)

First time, I got preparatory work for a crown done in Bangkok. I was going to Phuket so they sent it there and I got the crown fitted at their Patong clinic. All-up cost was about $A800 while Oz quote was $2500. Saving more than covered my travel costs.

You can email for an estimate, see website.

There are many good dentists in Pattaya. You can find threads in the Health Issues & Fitness section.

Here is a thread I started years ago for Dentist@Beach. I go there every time i am in Pattaya and will be going again in about one month.

Dental Paragon on Pattaya Klang is my dentist:

http://dentalparagon.com/

Good service and professionalism and about 1/3 the cost of my home country in W Europe.

15 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

I've been a patient there for about ten years; cost is about one third of Australia; quality is excellent.

When I fly into Bangkok I stay one or two nights at a hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11, so it is only a walk to the clinic. If I need more than one visit, I go again when en route to Chiang Mai or wherever (I normally find up to a week is enough in Pattaya in one go!)

First time, I got preparatory work for a crown done in Bangkok. I was going to Phuket so they sent it there and I got the crown fitted at their Patong clinic. All-up cost was about $A800 while Oz quote was $2500. Saving more than covered my travel costs.

You can email for an estimate, see website.

Yes i used them for a crown as well.

What I was impressed most was they made sure that crown fit just right.

In my case the dentist was not happy with the fit so they sent it back to the lab to be re done and the refit was done within 24 hours

and my cost was also 1/3 of my initial quote in the USA.  I had fillings in the tooth that had to be removed so I am sure my USA quote would have been higher.

I went back to have my teeth cleaned this fall and they also ended up doing a small filling at the same time.  Everything done within an hour all at about 25% of my normal price.  

I no longer have any reservations about using them as my full time dentist

I've used the Dental Design Centre on Beach Road soi 10 ( close to the junction with second rd ) on my last few trips and have been happy with the facilities, service and price.

If you walking second road and turn soi 8 at the beach, in right side comes a dentist. 

There is a banner: teeth cleaning, checking and polishing about 800thb.

Whitening much more Cant remember how much. 

I've been using a female dentist at Dental de Pattaya for years.  Located on 2nd Rd just prior to the roundabout.  Many of my friends have used her and no complaints.

Another member here who has dental work done when in pattaya. I always get a cleaning when I’m town. I’ve had teeth whitening done as well.  So problem and so cheap. A cleaning in SF is about $100 in pattaya $30

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all replies. Some very good recommendations that I will follow up in May

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 17:08, birdhaus said:

I go to this guy -  Dr Warin Leekpai in Central Rd (pattya khlang)
[email protected]

Does this guy ever answer emails, I've sent him 2 over the last 2 weeks to book an appointment and they haven't responded.

he usually gets back to you in a day or so, rarely longer than that

• 2 weeks later...

Had a broken wisdom tooth removed by Dentist@Beach last month.

Total cost, including X-Rays, anti-biotics and stitches removed a week after was less than US$150.

Go with a thai person. I went with my wife to a dentist on Soi5, cant remember the name. She said the person certificated wasn't the person doing the dental work. Dentist have many surgeries and rent them out to students unqualified in Dentistry, that why they are cheap.

Want a proper job, go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, more expensive, but they know what they are doing.

2 hours ago, panasar said:

Go with a thai person. I went with my wife to a dentist on Soi5, cant remember the name. She said the person certificated wasn't the person doing the dental work. Dentist have many surgeries and rent them out to students unqualified in Dentistry, that why they are cheap.

Want a proper job, go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, more expensive, but they know what they are doing.

I can't speak to the places in Pattaya but the place I went to in Bangkok the people that worked on you were clearly educated and very professional.  In face I was very impressed with how professionally run the entire organization was.

They even took my blood pressure every time I was there.  Never had that done in the USA.

I do think it's important to do your research on whatever place you are considering but I would have no reservations using a dentist in Thailand at all.  

Archived