Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

buying a house and owning it as a foreigner - transfer info - Pattaya

me love pum pum

Posted in another section but may get better response here:

Hi

I have bought and finished paying for my house in Pattaya

I now have to transfer which because I cannot own 100% of the house,I have to create a company to do this

any recommendations on agents to do this?

You would need to post more information in order that BM can reply.

Have you purchased the land if so who's name is the deed in and what type of deed ?.

Same for the house ?.

Is the house listed on the deed ?.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have just taken a look at your profile and the post that you were not happy with the replies.. 

Your questions have been answered there.

The final post from "Davidge" is exactly what you need to do.

I have purchased many properties from Condo apartments to houses on land and land without houses later added.

So I speak from a qualified base.

It would appear from your post that you did not do due diligence and sadly you may now find its going to cost you more than doing it right and paying for professional advice and service at the start of your purchase.

It maybe you were mislead in your purchase by the seller with out the facts I don't know you really should go and speak to a qualified attorney and give him all he facts and any paper work you have so he can advice you of your options.

I am sorry that this is probably not the response you were hoping for but I don't think you can sort this out correctly without qualified assistance..

You should get it sorted now and not leave it any longer as there are time limitations on many legal matters.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 09/01/2018 at 01:40, me love pum pum said:

I have bought and finished paying for my house in Pattaya

I now have to transfer which because I cannot own 100% of the house,I have to create a company to do this

It sounds as though you have bought a pig in a poke rather than a house.

Any money you have paid up to now has been in return for a promise or, if you are lucky, some sort of contract of sale. Personally I dont think that promises in Thailand are worth anything at all, and I dont value Thai contracts much higher.

As far as I'm concerned payment should not be made until one of the following happens:

1. a land transfer is done at the Land Office (not possible for a farang, except in company name, and even then you may have trouble)

or

2. a company that owns the property is transferred to your name by a lawyer, though the majority ownership will have to be in some Thai name(s).

or, rarely,

3. a lease in your name is noted on the back of the title deed of the land, by the Land Office.

Personally I dont find any of the above in the slightest bit attractive. One thing that is pretty sure: anything that a farang does with any lawyer here will cost far more than it would if a Thai was doing it.

Archived