IGNORED

Transfer from Don Meung to BKK

rioman

Stopping in Hawaii on way over to Thailand next month and as such catching the Airasia flight from Hawaii to Thailand and this lands in DMK(never been there).   I get in early in morning, have no schedule, want to get to Pattaya, and see there a free shuttle that runs between DMK and BKK airport - could hook up on that Bell service from there.  However,  what I think I see is that you need to produce a BKK airline tkt to use this shuttle?  Has anybody tried this.  Think if had to get cab or some other complication to get to BKK would just get Nam's car service to pick me up at DMK and get to Pattaya quicker.

Its not a free shuttle for anybody to use.  You have to have a flight ticket for a flight leaving from BKK that day/night

The quickest way from DMK to Pattaya is by taxi, takes 2 hrs

set yourself up with Nam or if you want to save a couple hundred baht PT taxi or Mr T they are a little cheaper than Nam

You likely could find a taxi at DMK to take you to Pattaya but could end up costing you more in the long run.

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

The quickest way from DMK to Pattaya is by taxi, takes 2 hrs

I've got an early flight, 11am from DMK on my next trip.

I need to be at DMK about 9.30am.

How long does it take from Pattaya to DMK in the morning to get that flight?

3 minutes ago, tt2008 said:

Two hours plus. 

To check in at 0930, suggest leave Pattaya 0700 to be sure.

Breakfast, just have some bananas and fruit juice in your room or in the taxi. You may have time to eat in the foothall at DMK after check-in.

On 12/28/2017 at 18:41, tt2008 said:

The drive from Pattaya to DMK is normally about 1 1/2 hours max but you can never depend on Bangkok traffic.

I normally allow at least 3 hours from Pattaya to when my flight leaves to give some time for traffic as well as time at the airport

Most flights at DMK don't let you carry on very much luggage so you have to allow some time to check your bag.

DMK is a pretty busy airport but they move people through in a very efficient manner

I wonder how many people find a taxi from Pattaya to DMK (or the other way) takes a maximum of just 90 mins  ?  :)

23 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

I wonder how many people find a taxi from Pattaya to DMK (or the other way) takes a maximum of just 90 mins  ?  :)

I take Mr T or PT taxi prebooked and have made the trip from Pattaya to DMK 6 times and 5 out 6 they made it in 90 minutes no problem.  One of those there were traffic backup at the toll booths that pushed it to about 1:45

They drive at a pretty good pace

10 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

I take Mr T or PT taxi prebooked and have made the trip from Pattaya to DMK 6 times and 5 out 6 they made it in 90 minutes no problem.  One of those there were traffic backup at the toll booths that pushed it to about 1:45

I must say I'm a bit surprised about 90 mins as just about everytime I go from Pattaya to Swampy (not DMK) Mr T takes 1 hr 20 or 1hr 25, typically leaving Pattaya about 9.30am.

I've only done DMK to Pattaya once, that was at about 7.30pm and it took 2.5 hrs to get from DMK to Pattaya.

Never done Pattaya to DMK, hence the question.  @Bonkabit recommended 2.5 hrs which seems more realistic to me.

Any other views?

2 minutes ago, tt2008 said:

I must say I'm a bit surprised about 90 mins as just about everytime I go from Pattaya to Swampy (not DMK) Mr T takes 1 hr 20 or 1hr 25, typically leaving Pattaya about 9.30am.

I've only done DMK to Pattaya once, that was at about 7.30pm and it took 2.5 hrs to get from DMK to Pattaya.

Never done Pattaya to DMK, hence the question.  @Bonkabit recommended 2.5 hrs which seems more realistic to me.

Any other views?

For me it always takes less time Pattaya to DMK than DMK to Pattaya.  Nearly every time I was traveling mid morning and traffic wasn't to bad.  

My experience is that traffic in Bangkok is worst from about 4-10pm.

I am in no way advocating a 1 1/2 hour plan as you could miss your flight. I would plan on 3 hours before your flight leaves minimum

If your headed from DMK to Patts doesn't really matter how long it takes cause the beer will still be cold and girls hot when you get there. 

I've done Pattaya to DMK with Mr T 5 times, always about 8-10am, and its always taken 2 hour, and I I used Nan in Feb 2017 at 7pm,  from DMK to Pattaya and that took 2 hours as well

Your drivers obviously went faster than mine  :)

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

I've done Pattaya to DMK with Mr T 5 times, always about 8-10am, and its always taken 2 hour, and I I used Nan in Feb 2017 at 7pm,  from DMK to Pattaya and that took 2 hours as well

Your drivers obviously went faster than mine  :)

Thanks - very helpful as thats my timing window.

Looks like 2 hours should do it.

How about BKK to DMK, what are my transit options? I have loads of time, but heavy suitcases.

It depends on where you start from in Bangkok as the traffic can sometimes mean it takes a long time to get onto the highway.

I usual stay on Sukhumvit Road near Nana. From there 45 mins is fine to DMK, can take as little as 30 mins if traffic is light.

If you have lots of luggage and there is more than one of you then booking a larger taxi is advisable. There are trolleys at the airport so not a problem when you arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

If traveling light and have loads of time, you can take 30bht shuttle bus from DMK to Mo Chit and then hop in to the BTS or MRT. Catch the Airport Link to Suvarnabhumi and then catch the bus 389 to Pattaya. This is a budget option which cost you max. 200bht

On 12/30/2017 at 13:29, j_d66 said:

Yes, they haul ass and it’s a good, wide, long, straight, modern superhighway to Patts.  

That great Thailand infrastructure!  

Archived