IGNORED

Direct Business class deals from the UK

neilri2001

Both BA and Eva have flash premium sales on at the moment. LHR to BKK from £1699 with BA and £1800 with EVA. Lots of availability April, May and June 2018

£1800 is a pretty standard fare with Eva. Can get around that for most dates for more or less all the year. Around £1600-1650 would be a ‘sale’ fare.

Wouldn’t fly with BA unless Eva & Thai were much, much more expensive than them.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I usually avoid London altogether.

One big plus though is if flying into London on BA there is no change of terminal at Heathrow whereas the other flight depart from a different terminal.

43 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

I usually avoid London altogether.

One big plus though is if flying into London on BA there is no change of terminal at Heathrow whereas the other flight depart from a different terminal.

Not really had much option other than to use LHR up to now. Qatar start flying out of CWL next Spring though so that will now be an option.

For my provisional dates next July, Qatar out of CWL, with good connections in DOH, are showing at about the same fare as Eva direct out of LHR.

1 hour ago, socrates said:

Are you sure - I cannot find any that price on BA...

If you google BA low fare finder and input Bangkok and Business class then the dates will come up. Over the coming months £1699 was available on multiple dates in April, May and June

1 hour ago, davidge said:

£1800 is a pretty standard fare with Eva. Can get around that for most dates for more or less all the year. Around £1600-1650 would be a ‘sale’ fare.

Wouldn’t fly with BA unless Eva & Thai were much, much more expensive than them.

I'm a big fan of Eva and would always choose them over BA all things being equal.

EVA have got a lot more expensive as their popularity has increased and although i agree with you that you can find fares of £1800 in  their frequent sale sale periods i haven't seen a fare around the £1600 mark for a while

43 minutes ago, neilri2001 said:

I'm a big fan of Eva and would always choose them over BA all things being equal.

EVA have got a lot more expensive as their popularity has increased and although i agree with you that you can find fares of £1800 in  their frequent sale sale periods i haven't seen a fare around the £1600 mark for a while

Agree, Eva fares have gone up.

Always considered them to have 4 ‘tiers’ of fare. Roughly:

£1650-1700 on offer;

£1850-1900 as a standard fare;

£2100-2200 as a fare when flights are nearly full at busy times;

£2700-2800 as a peak season fare (eg Xmas).

Think the bottom two tiers have certainly gone up compared to a couple of years ago. 

I didn’t find Thai to be nearly as good as Eva but I would use them again if they were cheaper.

Archived