IGNORED

Rent a Car in Pattaya

Xfreak0000

Dears.

I am planning to rent a car in Pattaya for 3 people for golf.

Is there any good and reliable car rental company in Pattaya?

In addition, I am thinking of Toyota vios and is it big enough for 3 golf bags, 3 carry-on baggage and 3 people?

Thank a lot in advance for all helpful answers.

to be honest , 

i would be afraid to rent a car and drive it around pattaya . i never did it but would consider it an absolute nightmare , 

i would suggest spending an hour sitting at the bar on the corner of soi diana,soi bauckow , sip a cold singha 

and make up your own mind ! 

I rented from Pattaya Car Rental (pattayarentacar@gmail.com) in Pratunmak for a couple months, 2 years ago, or so... It was a Toyota Vios, 5 or so years old, in decent enough shape, pretty basic vehicle (no power windows, no power mirrors, etc)... not sure about that size vehicle (probably considered a compact in US car rental definition) for your 3 farang golfMates requirements... I was paying 16,000 THB per month for long term rental  and there was a deposit as well that I had to pay, most of which was given back when I turned the car in, except for a portion as the windshield had a new chip in it...

As for the above mentioned advice - driving in Pattaya sucksEGGs massively... Very easy to get into an accident - gotta keep aware and hope for the best... Totally whacked driving going on all around you - cars, motor Scooters, motorcycles, and on roads like Soi Bukhao, drunk farangs weaving in and out, (and/or tourists) walking 3 abreast, wanting apparently to get clipped by rear view mirrors... but if you are up to the challenge, many have rented vehicles and I am assuming have not had accidents during their rental period...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Renting car in Thailand make sure they have fully comp insurance (No1) because if you have a collision the insurance company sort it, You should not get involved. Make sure you have Full copy of insurance document and contact numbers. I have rented off Ex Pat Car rental and they aren't the cheapest but insurance cover is the main thing. Also ask if you have a collision what costs you will have to pay to rental company.

Located Thappraya Rd Jcn with Thaprasit Rd

expat car rental is the only place I would go, and easy to get to

suggest emailing expat, asap.  Rental cars tend to be by the month, a week is considered short term.

Remember cars are not cheap in LOS, and tax and legal insurance are at UK levels unlike the almost free little motorbikes, and for you first class insurance with possibly 10000 baht excess mandatory, so do not expect less than 1000/day with mileage restrictions.

I find driving here no problem at all, rewards very defensive driving and at least in a car you are half way up the pecking order, pedestrian, cart pusher m'cy, samlor, CAR, p'up, van, truck, bus.

Remember is you are the totally innocent victim of some insane lunatic illegal even with cctv, police witnesses that is not the end of the matter, rely on the insurers negotiator.

Thanks a lot.

I will check expat car rental and I will buy 1st class full insurance package.

You might consider hiring a car with driver from one of the taxi services like Meaw or Nam.

They can get one the right size based on how many pax and golf bags.

On 2017. 12. 28. at 10:42, latestarter said:

Try Grahame at Holiday Car Rentals. Same insurance as Expat but cheaper. Often booked out though.

[email protected]

Thanks for the info, but the rate is the same on the homepage.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 14:29, TommyUK69 said:

I have rented off Ex Pat Car rental and they aren't the cheapest but insurance cover is the main thing. Also ask if you have a collision what costs you will have to pay to rental company.

Located Thappraya Rd Jcn with Thaprasit Rd

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 22:50, just hanging said:

expat car rental is the only place I would go, and easy to get to

I agree with both of you.

I have been renting cars from them 4 times a year for the past few years. Newer car and a lot of choices. As far as I know it you do have an accident you just loose your 5,000 baht deposit. You can go to their website, I think expatrnetal.com. or goggle them.

Yes very easy to find, next to Pan Pan, just across from the bus place on the way to Jomtien.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 1 month later...

traffic in thailand so scary, I do not even know how to cross street anymore

Archived