IGNORED

Coworking spaces for digital nomads in Pattaya?

hioctane

So Laamok's thread got me thinking about making the move here and a google search shows Chang Mai and Bangkok as popular destinations for digital nomads because of the cost of living and internet infrastructure. Of course because of the nature of the business we can work anywhere, but it gets a bit boring working alone in your condo. I found some coworking spaces in Pattaya, but I am guessing there will be a lot of guys and girls that have no interest or frown upon our "hobby" of choice [emoji23]. I was just wondering if the digital nomads amongst us have a preferred coworking space so we can BS about girls in the down time.

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2017 at 04:19, hioctane said:

So Laamok's thread got me thinking about making the move here and a google search shows Chang Mai and Bangkok as popular destinations for digital nomads because of the cost of living and internet infrastructure. Of course because of the nature of the business we can work anywhere, but it gets a bit boring working alone in your condo. I found some coworking spaces in Pattaya, but I am guessing there will be a lot of guys and girls that have no interest or frown upon our "hobby" of choice emoji23.png. I was just wondering if the digital nomads amongst us have a preferred coworking space so we can BS about girls in the down time.

Did you find anything? 

This seems good, but somewhat expensive. https://www.coworker.com/thailand/pattaya/anchor-coworking

2 hours ago, eXplosief said:

Be sure to have your Work Permit at hand. 

What makes you think so? I understand there are lots of co-working spaces in Thailand and most of them are used by foreigners. Since it is almost impossible to get a work permit, how would they be able to work there? It may be illegal but if you are not taking a Thai job, I think they will turn a blind eye.

I don't know if the people who use co-working spaces have work permits or other visa that would allow this. 

What I do know is that any work, even online for a foreign company, requires a work permit. And don't think nobody gets caught. 

As most work from their home, change of getting caught is small. However it seems easy to check permits once in a while at such a co-working location. 

PS I used to be one of those. 

I just work from hotel and/or coffee shop. Coworking spaces may be nice if you want to change environment once in a while or meet people that are doing the same as you, but for the latter there are also other methods, like specialized slack channels or reddit for example.

Archived