IGNORED

Buying a Flight Ticket. For Thai Girlfriend To Meet You In Another City

bob_ny

I'm trying to find out info about buying a ticket for a girlfriend. 

I'm looking at using AirAsia and booking and paying for her ticket online using my credit card. 

I've read some horror stories where flights were denied because the purchaser wasn't flying the same flight. 

These reports were from about 5 or 6 years ago. I was looking for more recent experiences. 

Is this something I should be worried about, and how have others dealt with a similar booking?

As far as I know the C.C. rule still applies, at least on international flights, domestic might be different.

I did it last week to get a girl from Udon to BKK with Thai Smile , with no problems , when online just input her full name and DOB , input MY email address , paid by credit card , E ticket was emailed to me , then just sent that on to my girl.

This was discussed not too long ago in the barstool section I believe.

There should be no problems as long as you input her correct name and any other information they ask for on the online booking page. Then it's simply a matter of her showing up at the airport and presenting her valid I.D.

Myself and several other forum members have done this without any issues in the past (domestic flight for a bargirl to Chiang Mai).

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

You need her correct name as shown on her ID card.  It may be a good idea if she takes a photo of it on her phone and sends it to you. Also tell her not to put anything sharp or prohibited in her carry on. 

No problem on international flights either as long as you have a return ticket. I took a girl to Vietnam. Just have all her correct details on the ticket.

I have bought tickets several times for two different TG's from their home towns in Isaan to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. No problem or query at all.

As for International: returns from Bangkok-Melbourne. TG1 flew Thai Air. I called in at the office in Melbourne; the clerk checked my credit card and entered a note into the computer booking that he had done  so.

TG2 flew Jetstar. She had given me ID card and passport number etc. I bought the ticket online and emailed it to her. No problems.

One way to be absolutely sure of no hassle, is to purchase via a travel agent. Expedia for example.

Yes it's in the terms and conditions that the credit card holder should fly with the booking. I presume this is some sort of fraud prevention measure.  I've booked flights for several TG, domestic and international, and not flown with them and there has never been a problem.

I solved the problem by traveling to her city and beginning our journey together. 

Probably the best solution anyway since she had never flown before. 

Chances were good she would have problems with restrictions at security and all the other nonsense anyway. 

On 17/12/2017 at 05:23, Syco said:

I did it last week to get a girl from Udon to BKK with Thai Smile , with no problems , when online just input her full name and DOB , input MY email address , paid by credit card , E ticket was emailed to me , then just sent that on to my girl.

Me too absolutely no problem at all.

There's a random chance she'll be asked for card.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Shipped many European girls around Europe and to Turkey and Egypt and never had a problem even though many airlines say card has to be presented, 

On 12/17/2017 at 14:53, bob_ny said:

I'm trying to find out info about buying a ticket for a girlfriend. 

I'm looking at using AirAsia and booking and paying for her ticket online using my credit card. 

I've read some horror stories where flights were denied because the purchaser wasn't flying the same flight. 

These reports were from about 5 or 6 years ago. I was looking for more recent experiences. 

Is this something I should be worried about, and how have others dealt with a similar booking?

At times I've used a CC to pay for flight tickets so TGs can meet me in BKK, never had a problem when they've had to pick their ticket up from the airport they're flying out of. 

I'm Assuming you're talking about domestic flights in Thailand? If  you're concerned about the girl not being capable of making the booking or worry she'd have issues if you pay and she doesn't have the credit card at check in, you could always make the online booking and choose the counter payment option. Then should could go to 7-11 and pay for the booking.  This is an option on Nok Air, not sure about Thai. What route do you need? 

1 hour ago, manni2011 said:

I'm Assuming you're talking about domestic flights in Thailand? If  you're concerned about the girl not being capable of making the booking or worry she'd have issues if you pay and she doesn't have the credit card at check in, you could always make the online booking and choose the counter payment option. Then should could go to 7-11 and pay for the booking.  This is an option on Nok Air, not sure about Thai. What route do you need? 

See post #11

1 hour ago, manni2011 said:

But if you send the cash to TG to pay for the ticket (e.g. Western Union etc), then she may just pocket it and never show up!

Happened to me once. My emails went unanswered. I could do nothing!

Fortunately not a round-the world in Business ticket.

9 hours ago, Gone-east said:

Shipped many European girls around Europe and to Turkey and Egypt!

I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to your line of business!:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Gone-east said:

Shipped many European girls around Europe and to Turkey and Egypt and never had a problem even though many airlines say card has to be presented, 

You sound like a trafficker, talking about them like they're cargo.. :o

On 12/17/2017 at 13:23, Syco said:

No problems doing the same booking to CNX and PKT with Bangkok Airways, although they do say the the CC holder should travel on the booking. I suspect that there is more chance of an issue if a ticket was bought at very short notice on the CC. Using a travel agent may be an answer, but when I tried the same booking with Webjet they wanted a hell of a lot more for the same ticket.

Archived