IGNORED

New I-Mac Pro...Will Anyone Get One?

Petesie

The new i-mac pro recently launched at a staggering 5k USD & GBP (5.5 Euro). If you take on all the upgradeable stuff it can rise to triple that.  :blink:

As much as I love my apple stuff I couldn't justify it. I expect the high end professionals and the rich will get them but for your average Joe it's in the 'cannot' bracket.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

i have an imac 27 for a fracture of that price,   damn I am surprised it gets so expensive, saw that on an add

It's wicked cool but personally can't justify one for myself. I develop web apps and for the most part, aside from the weekly build, it'll just sit there and use 5% of it's power. I'm not sure I could max it doing what I do. 

Were I a vlogger like MKBHD or Casey Neistat, and I'm on a daily schedule, going pro and also shooting really hi-def (MKBHD uses a 8K Red digital camera!) I'd need this kind of machine to process those heavy video streams. I'd be all over it like shit in a sauna. Animators, pre-vis, video suites, architecture, engineering, 3D modelling, VR, etc, will make great use of this....me and my widdle text editor? Nah. 

Still, next Mac upgrade will be a 27" replacement for my old 2010 27"...it's served me well. 

• 2 months later...

Actually I have a windows machine on desktop and a Macbook pro as a laptop. So I have both of the systems windows and macOS. And MacOS is an amazing system which you can use safely. I mean there is no malware attack or virus stuff on mac. There is but it's very limited ;)

I am very happy with my Mac since I haven't format it for 2 years :D

If you guys don't play games then go with mac otherwise Windows would be fair ;)

Archived