IGNORED

Experience with China Eastern

impulse325

I'll be coming to Pats for my 1st ever Songkran, been coming to BKK for the past 3 years (twice a year) but never came during Songkran. With Airfare prices really low, I was able to get a round trip in April for $460 USD. Out of all my previous trips to BKK the lowest I was able to purchase Airfare was $550+ USD. On my previous trips I've flown with Air China, China Southern, Eva Air and PAL (Philippine Airlines) but never with China Eastern. Just wanted to get feedback from people that have flown with China Eastern, just a little worried the reason why the Airfare was so cheap was because not a lot of people like China Eastern? I'll be flying out of LAX to BKK.

//

If you could bare traveling with Air China and China Southern, then you know what to expect.  Yes, they are cheap for a reason.

I have flown with China Eastern 4 times, two round trips. The service on the whole was above the average for a mainland Chinese airline.  The aircraft are relatively new and although the food was a bit, shall we say, 'basic Chinese' it was acceptable. I would have no hesitation in flying with them again. I would go further and say that I would prefer them to Thai Airways any day of the week.                                              

Compared to qantus the service was better & they bring & clear the food a lot faster.The hostess's are younger & better looking as well. Overall better than what I was expecting

On 14/12/2017 at 07:46, Tripp said:

I have flown with China Eastern 4 times, two round trips. The service on the whole was above the average for a mainland Chinese airline.  The aircraft are relatively new and although the food was a bit, shall we say, 'basic Chinese' it was acceptable. I would have no hesitation in flying with them again. I would go further and say that I would prefer them to Thai Airways any day of the week.                                              

Thai airways is good in that I can leave London in the evening and its a straight flight where china eastern is cheap I have to wait,sometimes, a few hours for my connection flight to bangkok.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

I've only flown with them for business class several trips, but I have no complaints about the service or meals. Only had one delay from China back to LAX but it wasn't that long.

One thing I wish they did better during the layover in China was posting clearer directions for transit passengers. First time I flew with them I ended up in the customs/immigration line because I didn't know where the f**k to go. I remembered next time I flew with them not to enter any lines and simply walk all the way to the left of the terminal (after bus drops you off) where the transit area is located.

Oh, one other thing, China Eastern doesn't allow you to use your mobile phones at any point of the flight (I was told on several flights to turn off the phone mid flight). At the time it was annoying since I have a Kindle reader on my Android I use to read ebooks during the flight. I believe they allow laptop use though, so for next trip I plan on downloading multiple books to my laptop Kindle cloud reader.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

On 16/12/2017 at 10:22, storytime said:

Thai airways is good in that I can leave London in the evening and its a straight flight where china eastern is cheap I have to wait,sometimes, a few hours for my connection flight to bangkok.

Agreed.  I was referring to trips from Thai to China , I should perhaps have made that clear.  I would also choose direct flights from UK to BKK .

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for diverting slightly, but this promotional thread on China Eastern Airlines page (link here) is pure gold. If their flight safety standards are any lower than the website translation, we best take care:

Published   2017-6-7

oriental boats were

Passport and electronic card boats 

Orientals apply for boats 

What are the oriental boats were 

oriental boats were FAQ 

‘Oriental boats were’ by the China Eastern Airlines officially launched in 2008 specifically for the design service brand of young 2-11 years old. Each become 'oriental boats' travelers Children can have a 'passport theft for children', the passport can register the 'Oriental boats were' Each flight experience, the passport records all the boats were flying experience accompany the boats had to develop in flight. China flight attendants Eastern Airlines will cover cartoon plane seaplanes were to stamp the passports, the boats were also captain receive autographs and messages. Whenever boats come people, East China can get good care and love, feed and enjoy the ability to fly independently. It should be noted that the boats were not valid account integration, fully automatic to a member “Miles East” after 12 years, if enough points to be promoted directly to the members of the CEA’s gold card. 

“Oriental boats were” a series of activities since its inception has been successfully held five times, has made the attention and affirmation of the members. 'Oriental boats were' active project aims to develop and consolidate the frequent awareness of increasing membership of the circular and strengthen the brand's cohesion, enriched membership activities, such as 'oriental boats were' you will discover the unique features of a series of activities, 6-12 years the boats that people can participate. Visit a large hangar, the aircraft evacuation simulation exercise, make a small day flight attendants, children’s meals at the hand of aviation, etc., activities are constantly innovating. Now the new “extended series of parent-child” series “charity” two plates, which will give you the boats bring a richer and more special experience! . 

The boats were also accumulating points oh 

1.  “Oriental boats were” cumulative and adult standard members of what is the difference? 

Oriental boats were ‘members rise China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines, United Airlines flight, or other SkyTeam partner companies and non-airline partners to the consumer can accumulate points. 

When taking the flight, he will earn points to 50% of adults, but for adults and a cumulative rate of 50% or less of the class, the same as standard cumulative boats with the adult man; non-aeronautical points combining the same standards and adults. 

2, “Oriental boats were” cumulative points valid for how long? 

“Oriental boats were” no valid account integration. 

But it should be noted that when the boats were more than 12 years old will automatically become a member 'East Miles', the points of account in the third year December 31, expires the calendar after a year, please redeem points of fidelity, avoid expired integral oh. 

2 hours ago, kahuna1 said:

Apologies for diverting slightly, but this promotional thread on China Eastern Airlines page (link here) is pure gold. If their flight safety standards are any lower than the website translation, we best take care:

"Flight safety standards" on a mainland China airlines?!? :Cross_Fingers:

Sorry, couldn't resist...easy target. Ha Ha

I'll be coming to Pats for my 1st ever Songkran, been coming to BKK for the past 3 years (twice a year) but never came during Songkran. With Airfare prices really low, I was able to get a round trip in April for $460 USD. Out of all my previous trips to BKK the lowest I was able to purchase Airfare was $550+ USD. On my previous trips I've flown with Air China, China Southern, Eva Air and PAL (Philippine Airlines) but never with China Eastern. Just wanted to get feedback from people that have flown with China Eastern, just a little worried the reason why the Airfare was so cheap was because not a lot of people like China Eastern? I'll be flying out of LAX to BKK.

Same as me. $474 flying out of JFK for my second Songkran. I think it is my lowest fare too and my first time with China Eastern.

On 1/11/2018 at 23:36, hioctane said:

Same as me. $474 flying out of JFK for my second Songkran. I think it is my lowest fare too and my first time with China Eastern.

Just booked $476 for late April/late May - cheapeast roundtrip I've gotten to BKK in 16+ trips

Anyone have feedback on how easy/hard it is to get emergency exit row? On Philippines Airlines it is a simple (pay) upgrade, done beforehand on their website...

Archived