Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for best pool and thick walls

Sammy_LA

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums but I have visited Thailand 8 times and want to move/retire to Pattaya. I have read many of the threads and realize I should rent before I buy - that sounds wise.  I'm looking for:

• 80sq meters+
  • Awesome pool (heated if possible)
  • Fun atmosphere
  • Thick walls/ceilings (sound insulated as much as possible)
  • Close to the action in Central Pattaya (anywhere near beach road or somewhere I can take the Baht Bus to WS)

Budget is flexible but not looking to spend more than 10 - 12 million baht. I have heard VT6 is great and that is my closest pick so far. Anywhere else anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2017 at 15:07, sammyina said:

Budget is flexible but not looking to spend more than 10 - 12 million baht. I have heard VT6 is great and that is my closest pick so far. Anywhere else anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance!!

Expect an avalanche of PMs in 3...2...1...

10 to 12 million baht lol - fuck beans you must be loaded.

If I were you I'd just rent unless you plan to live long enough for a massive investment like that to pay back.

A massive 1 bed condo in VT6 is gonna set you back 500,000 baht a year? Maybe a little more. None of the maintenance would be your problem and you might decide to move away from Pattaya somewhere else better or cheaper. 

just my thoughts 

VT6 has no heated pool but has thin walls, you hear everything from your neighbours. Look for another place if that is important to you.

On 13/12/2017 at 21:07, sammyina said:
  • Fun atmosphere

Never heard of anywhere with a heated pool here. Outside of one or two months a year it would be pointless.

The "fun atmosphere" sounds awful, and if you have that then you will certainly need the thick walls and ceilings (though you will have trouble finding them, as mentioned). I would be more inclined to look for a miserable but quiet place, with no holiday-makers or short-term renters. And you probably wont find anywhere like that in central Pattaya.

Strange post, said he's new to the forum but profile says he joined in 2010 and this is his first post.  Anyway look for a unit at the end of the hall so you'll only have one neighbor or look for a unit without any neighbors.  For a warm pool, haven't seen any heated but look for a pool that is exposed to the sun and not in the shade.

On 12/13/2017 at 21:07, sammyina said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums but I have visited Thailand 8 times and want to move/retire to Pattaya. I have read many of the threads and realize I should rent before I buy - that sounds wise.  I'm looking for:

• 80sq meters+
  • Fun atmosphere
  • Close to the action in Central Pattaya (anywhere near beach road or somewhere I can take the Baht Bus to WS)

I am confused. You say you "realize I should rent before I buy" but then then say you will spend  10 -12 million baht. So do you want to buy? I know of one which might interest you for less than 6.0 Million.

PM me if you want details.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I would avoid like the plague places like VT6 and The Base. You will get a load of transient holiday makers, Chinese and noisy AirBnB renters who will make your life hell. I would suggest getting one slightly out of town, like maybe the Axis but is MUST be on a baht bus route. 10-12 million is too much to spend, you can get a very nice 80 sqm for 5-6 million. For thick walls go for one of the older, established condos. My condo walls are so thick i can barely drill a hole in them. Personally i would avoid Naklua as it's a pita to get to/from.

As for heated pools, not needed, just ensure it's in the sunlight all day, so avoid places like the Grande Caribbean.

On 13/12/2017 at 21:07, sammyina said:

I have read many of the threads and realize I should rent before I buy - that sounds wise.  I'm looking for...

What you are looking for is temporarily place for your 1st year in Pattaya. The first months you will go out, drink and take a new girl everyday. The noise (thick walls) wont be an issue.

Later as told you chris2004, for sure you'll change your mind.

If you want to relocate, you may even loose money for a quick sale. You will also have to pay an extra tax if you sell before 5 years. Rent first, enjoy and take you time :) Keep also in mind that most expats end up with a GF after 1 year or 2: a noisy condo surrounded by tourists & bus VS a quiete villa with a private swiming pool a few minutes to Pattaya (you have the budget for it) ? A tourist life or a normal very comfortable life ?

I remember a guy posted a while back,when staying at the VT6 he had a loud knocking on his door,he,opened it,and it was Sharky standing there,telling him to turn down the noise....so he did :) 

• 1 month later...

LOL so funny about Sharks at VT6! Thanks for all the info everyone. Looks like VT6 is not for me. I’ll take a look at Axis. I do love Thailand and I have been going there for almost 20 years (been around 7 times including once for 50 days). I didn’t know about the 5 year rule of ownership - that was good info as well. 

Archived