IGNORED

Monitor Resolution Size

forcebwithu

I'm looking to replace a failing 23" monitor with a 27" one. I primarily use the monitor for business (coding and documentation writing), but also for movies. I understand if I go to a resolution higher than 1920x1080 that will be great for movies, but how will that affect the viewing of office apps? I'm budgeting up 20,000B for a monitor, any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks.

My computer is an old Mac Mini. I use a 65" 4K TV as my monitor. The computer doesn't output 4K, I just use an HDMI cable and the TV just gives me a VERY sharp 1080p display. Things like Office work just fine.

Normally you can also change the system font size. I'm moving from a old 27" iMac (2010) to a new 27" 5K model, and that means the screen is like 3-4 times denser than what I was used to. You can kick the font size up, so you still have a great landscape for windows, and "Hellen Keller" text for reading. 

Most movies you'll be watching won't be 4k, so it won't matter too much. 20k baht is a huge budget for a monitor. You could probably get two decent 27 inch monitors for that price.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I would definitely go with a 4K monitor since there are many source if you have a fast internet connection on your PC.  So get your 4k 27inch and sign in to your NETFLIX account and enjoy the amazing 4K movies / series. You will love it man just go for it ;) 

I ended up buying the BenQ BL2711U 27" 4K UHD monitor from Lazada. I see the price is now 23,000B, but back in Dec I got it for 16,358B which included a 1,231B Lazada promo discount.

I run three monitors off a ThinkPad docking station. Plugging this monitor in I discovered a limitation of the docking station, it's only capable of driving a monitor at the 4K resolution if the other two monitors are turned off. As it is, I primarily use the monitor for coding work, so run all three monitors at 1080p as text would be too small at 4K.

• 2 weeks later...

I use my 65" 4K tv as my computer monitor. I use a wireless keyboard from a recliner across the room.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:38, forcebwithu said:

I ended up buying the BenQ BL2711U 27" 4K UHD monitor from Lazada. I see the price is now 23,000B, but back in Dec I got it for 16,358B which included a 1,231B Lazada promo discount. //

A nice monitor :).

Today at 17'500 - 17'900 THB on Lazada and main Thai online shops, probably depending of USD/THB exchange rate, but I would not buy such an expensive monitor online :unsure:.

If ever I get a problem with him, I prefer be able to bring it to a shop that having to send him by post far away... I see by example that JIB sell it, and as they have a nice big shop inside Tukcom, I could have bought it there by example. :wink:

18 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

A nice monitor :).

Today at 17'500 - 17'900 THB on Lazada and main Thai online shops, probably depending of USD/THB exchange rate, but I would not buy such an expensive monitor online :unsure:.

If ever I get a problem with him, I prefer be able to bring it to a shop that having to send him by post far away... I see by example that JIB sell it, and as they have a nice big shop inside Tukcom, I could have bought it there by example. :wink:

You raise a valid point about it's easier to return a defective productive to a shop rather than having to ship back to someplace for repairs. Although I can't remember the last time I bought a quality, name brand electronic product that has failed within the first three years of use. Based on that experience I'm willing to trade the risk of purchasing a defective product for the convenience and lower cost I usually get by buying online.

Thanks for the link to JIB. Didn't realize they had an online presence. I'll certainly use them in the future if their price is competitive.

the large monitors are better for documents, coding gaming etc.  Been using a 30" one for 10 years and to be fair it was an extravagant purchase at the time but Its been worth it.

Depending if you have a separate room for an office or you have a main room with a desk if you do use a television as a monitor I wouldn't go for 1080 I would recommend a 4k television.   You would probably find the lower resolution too restrictive for what you want.

Archived