Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flying with Prescription Medicene

Garf66

Hi Everyone, just wondered what the correct procedure is for flying from the UK to Thailand with prescription tablets for diabetes?  Firstly, do i need a medical note from my doctor explaining what they are?   Also, do I put the full months supply in my hand luggage or just what I need whilst travelling and store the rest in my suitcase?

Thanks in advance,
Garf.

when you get them from the chemist, your name is typed on the meds, that should suffice, once its legal and available in the chemists in pattts,there should be no issues,i have being doing so for the past 6/7 years without issue.

get a doctors letter.  You are allowed up to 60 days of supply. Any more than that could be seen as dealing. Your risk

I always carry all medical gear in a small shoulder bag- (No other hand luggage)  As I travel with insulin, this is in a small fridge wallet  (You can buy at Diabetes suppliers).

I load with slim sort of crystals ice-block and keeps all chilled for the one days travel.  I keep one needle outside against side of pack for use during journey.Then straight in the fridge on arrival at hotel Very important that you keep all your medical supplies in the original box, packs, jars etc.  You can take a letter from doctor.  I've never been asked. But good to take the scripts with you.  Cos occasionally one runs out of something!  Unwise to leave in suitcase in case delay or loss...

I know some will be upset with this but.  On arrival i ask hotel to clear everything out of my fridge to allow room for my medicines and healthy snacks fruit and drinks etc.

I'm not really a drinker but will have the occasional beer or brandy coke-lite when looking for naughty girls.

Good luck with your travels.

Papadoc

When I was at home, I was in a better place.

Alas, we travelers must be content

The chance of being stopped and searched is probably zero.

customs here don't do random searches unless you fit the profile of a drug mule

As BM iron says the Pharmacist's label should be enough but technically you should have a copy of the signed prescription with you. I used to carry enough for the journey in carry on bag and the rest in checked luggage.

I now get my meds posted to me from the UK. I put a copy of the doctors prescription in the box and write "prescription medication" on the outside. Even though it contains syringes, I've never had a box tampered with and usually arrives within 5 days of posting. 

I carry my 2 prescriptions for 'high blood pressure' in my carryon bag in the prescription vials they came in. I also carry my vitamins mixed in the original plastic bottle they came in. No problem as I see it. In all my trips I have only had my luggage search once, and that was only the 2 checked bags.

The many times I have secondary searches when returning back through US immigrations and customs, I have only been asked what's in the vials and they have never looked inside.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I always carry my monthly supply in a big bag in my hand luggage with my repeat prescription list should anyone wish to know what they are.                         I am also on Diabetes tablets which i take ( Metformin and Gliclazide) and not once in 31 years travelling to Bangkok have i been challenged about my amount of tablets i take.

As far as I know only narcotic & psychotic drugs are banned in Thailand I checked as I was going to take Solpadol pain killers you Technically need permission for these but I do not think any Diabetes Drugs involve the above drugs so my advice take your prescription and a maybe doctors letter with you.

Found this.

http://www.70-130.com/travel/tips/thailand-diabetes-travel-advice/

Some great information there guys, many thanks to each & every one of you.  Cheers.

Archived