IGNORED

Possible condos to live

bigmac9899

Hello, I'm coming back to Pattaya in March.  Want to look first hand at a few condos as i plan for my eventual retirement in Pattaya.  Do you have any suggestions to reputable leasing companies with site links that you have used in the past to aid my search.  At this point I'm not sure where I want to live.  My requiremets initially would be:

- 2 bedrooms.  40sq meters or greater meters would seem the appropriate size

- Fully furnished 

- Under 20k per month to rent

- Would prefer an ocean view

- I will not have a motorbike or car for at least the first year

- I like LK Metro area, but I'm not married to that.  If Jomtien offers better amenities or value, I'm open to that

- Having a pool in the complex is a plus

Appreciate the help!

You may find a 1 bedroom or Studio , however a 2 bedroom for under 20k will be difficult to find.

There are many Agents in Pattaya for you to look at.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have used Gekkos and Far East Reality and found them both to be good. Both have online sites (as do many others). 

Take a look at Centre Condo to meet your requirements. If on a high enough floor you get a pool, sea views over Wat Chai temple and are just across the road from the local market and Friendship supermarket. Handy for both Walking St and Soi Buakeow. An older condo with many units but many long term residents and frequent shorter term repeat visitors in there so can't be bad.

On 05/12/2017 at 05:57, bigmac9899 said:

- 2 bedrooms.  40sq meters or greater meters would seem the appropriate size

- Under 20k per month to rent

I would say that two bedrooms in 40sqm means very small rooms: far smaller than I would want to live in.

You can easily find a 40+sqm place in Jomtien for well under 20kB/month, even with a decent ocean view. In fact even half that price is quite easy to find though with less of a view. But that would tend to be in older buildings with larger rooms like View Talay 5 and 2. You could get one bedroom in around 60-80sqm for your budget in VT 1 and 2. For two beds in 40sqm you have to look at newer buildings.

But for your budget you could have two bedrooms in 70+sqm, again as long as you dont mind being a bit away from the beach and with no view: https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/listings/chonburi-condo-gumqtndu

With a sea view and more than one room you also have Metro: https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/metro-jomtien-condotel-eprlcq

There are also many other Jomtien buildings that might suit you. You need to decide what you want.

40 mtrs for 2 bedrooms? mine is 50 mtr 1 bedroom which is ok but 40 for 2 ? you better not bring a cat.

14 hours ago, striderman said:

40 mtrs for 2 bedrooms? mine is 50 mtr 1 bedroom which is ok but 40 for 2 ? you better not bring a cat.

Yes,  I think I had my meters set way too low.  It' looking more like I need 100 meters plus

I've used Alan Bolton for the last 2 years and had no issues. I've also found that Condo living in the central area is a double edged sword. :o

For starters a 50sqm 1 bed while adequate you find after a while the bloody walls close in and you're soon heading out he door. I'd advise a larger space in Wongamat; it's near the beach, quieter and the walking will do you good. It's a quieter & gentler lifestyle and you may actually stay in the odd evening. :rolleyes:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, bigmac9899 said:

Yes,  I think I had my meters set way too low.  It' looking more like I need 100 meters plus

that is top end. somewhere between would satisfy most

Your best bet is to identify possible condo buildings and walk in, look at the notice boards and talk to some of the smaller agents that invariably have offices in the buildings.

You could use a larger agent to show you around various buildings in their car to avoid doing the legwork yourself :rolleyes:

If 2-beds is a must then options will be more limited, but they are out there. To give an idea, a friend was looking for a large 1-bed (70+ sq m) and had plenty of options in the 13k-18k price range.

If you’re not planning on having your own transport, I’d probably start looking in Jomtien but only on Thappraya or along the Beach Road. As someone mentioned, Center Condo may be worth a look but ‘think’ a 2-bed may be above your budget.

In any case, I’d try somewhere for a month initially before agreeing a long term deal.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, Petesie said:

I've used Alan Bolton for the last 2 years and had no issues. I've also found that Condo living in the central area is a double edged sword. :o

For starters a 50sqm 1 bed while adequate you find after a while the bloody walls close in and you're soon heading out he door. I'd advise a larger space in Wongamat; it's near the beach, quieter and the walking will do you good. It's a quieter & gentler lifestyle and you may actually stay in the odd evening. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much.  Where is Wongamat approximately?

9 minutes ago, bigmac9899 said:

Thank you so much.  Where is Wongamat approximately?

north pattaya, past the dolphin roundabout and off to the left

North end of Patts, past Dolphin Roundabout and head left up towards Naklua and your there. If you go on the websites you'll find out more on the locations you select. :wink:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I like Gecko properties website.  Why? Because all the condos are listed in order from cheapest to most  expensive. 

It is clearly marked where it is,  ie, Pattaya, Jomtien, etc

. It is clearly marked the size of the condo in square meters, and it is marked as studio, or one bedroom, or 2  bedroom.

I saw maybe 4 or five two bedrooms listed, and most assuredly under 20,000 baht.   As far as  the  other requirements, you'll just have to look.

Don't know, and don't work for Gecko, but one of the other things that is nice is that  at the bottom left of the page is the name of the condo.   So whether you want to go with them, or just start as a reference, you can google the name of the condo

• 2 weeks later...

I have thought about the same thing although not moving there anytime soon. The thing that stands out for me is your lack of transport. Doubt you going to get anything central with a sea view 2 bedrooms 100 sq m and under 20k a month. Even Naklua Wongamat or Pratumnak would be a stretch. 

Jomtien and close to the baht bus would seem to be the place to look. You can look on hipflat  www.hipflat.com/ and search the types of properties you want. 

There are a few other websites as well but that one is decent.

This is pointless until you've decided on a location............

39 minutes ago, Edge said:

This is pointless until you've decided on a location............

I think the point was that he wanted suggestions about possible locations.

Archived