IGNORED

I'll be over staying by a couple days

SlowlyMan

So, a bit of an oops on my part. Tickets are purchased. I'll be leaving the Kingdom on the 89th day. 

I have a 60 day tourist visa stamp. I'm setting the reminder to go get the 30 day extension. The 60th day will land on Sunday. So, the closest I can go to immigration will be friday. If they set the start date as that day. My extension will end two days before I leave.

Options? 

Go to immigration on the Monday. They won;t charge you for the extra day as it is first available. Otherwise just pay the 1000 baht as you leave.

But generally on the friday they will stamp the extension when it is due so you might be ok.

I would avoid the exorbitant fees of an agent.

You have to be careful when you leave as well. And arrive. A mate arrived for his 30 days as a tourist and the flight was scheduled to arrive at 12.15 am. It was early and he was stamped in at 11.50 pm  and copped a 500 baht fine when he left for an overstay. His flight left at 12.30 am.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I recently was in Thailand for 32 days and I had a 30 day Visa exemption. I paid the $1,000 (500b per day) overstay fine when I departed without any problems. I was advised by the Thai consulate in the US to just over stay and pay the fine because it was only 2 days . The only thing I would suggest for you to do is to avoid riding a motorbike on the last 2 days of your travel. If you would get stopped and they see your overstay you could be fined heavily.

The only other concern that I heard of as a possibility was that my Airline may not allow me to travel to Thailand if my return flight date is longer than my Visa. I called the airline and they were able to look up that there was an ability for me to get an extension while I was in Thailand. I had them add those notes to my ticket so that when I checked in at the airline in the US if they had any questions they could look at those notes. They didn't look and they didn't ask when I checked in.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your self.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The extension adds 30 days to the expiration of your visa. It's not related to the date you apply for it.

You have to be careful when you leave as well. And arrive. A mate arrived for his 30 days as a tourist and the flight was scheduled to arrive at 12.15 am. It was early and he was stamped in at 11.50 pm  and copped a 500 baht fine when he left for an overstay. His flight left at 12.30 am.

All your mate had to do was to walk slowly to immigration. If he had killed 10 minutes he would have checked in the next calendar day.

And I don't think it matters what time your flight leaves; it matters what time you get to immigration, and your mate would have surely checked in before the date changed if he was on a 12:30 am flight.

9 hours ago, yugot said:

The extension adds 30 days to the expiration of your visa. It's not related to the date you apply for it.

Well, The past times I got the extension, it started the day I applied for it, not at the end of the 60 day stamp.  

Archived