IGNORED

Need help with form for Initial O visa

MikeShiva

Per other op's. I've decided to do my initial O visa application prior to retirement myself. in Thailand, rather than use an agent.. I arrive on Jan 15th on an ordinary visa exempt stamp.

.  Seems fairly straight forward, but have have just a few questions. 

1. On the application for visa form --  under the proposed duration,  do I put 90 days,  or one year? I am inclined to state 90 days because it is the initial O visa, but wanted to double check.

2. Under purpose - other-, do I just type in retirement, or state long term retirement?

Concerning other forms.  Do I just need the visa form,  or do I also need a personal  data form.

I know about the copies of the passport, and for the money, will have an Affidavit from the US embassy.

Anything I am  missing?

Thanks

I did mine many years ago so I'm sure there have been changes.  I think every form you fill out at immigration requires a photo so take extras with you.  Also take along proof of where you're staying.

My experience was painless and hope yours is the same.

Archived