IGNORED

Problems with new laptop and Firefox - need help

mongo2

• 3 weeks later...

try to reinstall firefox. If the system says firefox is still open then restart the PC. Or press CTRL  + ALT  + DELETE > go to process tabs and end task firefox.exe

On 11/26/2017 at 11:41, Billyboy294 said:

FF was my Default browser (also had IE). After a Win 10 update and a FF update, FF became unbelievably slow.  Had to wait 30 seconds before i could scroll down, then i t paused and i had to wait another 30 secs to scroll more. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it and was better, only had to wait 8 seconds to scroll. Also had to wait a few seconds before a typed letter appeared. Removed it and now using Chrome with its useless tool bar.

I tried Ctl+Alt + Del and see that I have Chrome listed 4 times with 64MB, 72MB and 2 at 1.5MB. Is this normal?

I read how Firefox Quantum was the faster thing around, so installed it on my Desktop and my laptop. It was never clear if it had installed  but after a while I closed the page down.  I was expecting a new different icon but it just showed my existing FF icon in the same place as before.

Anyway it is quite fast and I have it back as my Default browser,. I never liked Chrome because of its pathetic taskbar.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

i add a lot of problems with FF too , very slow , don't respond.

Now i'm in Chrome and it's more better i will never use again FF ...

As much as everybody seems to need a computer issues such as above really do drive me crazy.  Got tired of lugging around laptop and for the sake of not wanting to invest in the newest, very small laptops(IE surface pro, etc) have ordered a Chromebook(Asus flipchart one) for Thailand trip.  Above problem should not be an issue, but am curious if other BMs have experience with the Chromebooks and how suitable they are for surfing internet, dating site, message type functions, emails, other things that mongers normally need.  

Just had a quick look at FFQ.... can't find a way to cast with it... (there may be one, but I can't find it)... so it is a non starter for me.

Archived