IGNORED

Early morning coffee

Staying at the View Talay 6 condo. Always get up early and NEED my cup of coffee in the morning. No coffee maker in the condo, and hate waiting until 8am for Starbucks to open. 

Walked down to Beach Road, and turned right, and saw Burger King at Soi 8, just a little past Central Festival mall. They are open 24 hours. Coffee was 29 baht, and quite a nice coffee. 

This Burger King was spotless. Nice to see them keep things clean.

TGOEA

If you are up early every morning, invest in a small coffee maker.  I have purchased them at Big C for about 399B and then left them in the condo.

Some of your best coffee in Pattaya is just a short elevator ride down to Honey's in VT6.

Then again, if you think Burger King coffee is good you are all set anyway.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

shocked.  Starbucks doesn't open till 8    damn, the would be run out of the US if they did that

On 11/16/2017 at 21:53, just hanging said:

shocked.  Starbucks doesn't open till 8    damn, the would be run out of the US if they did that

I guess being a late night tourist town , the 8 AM opening time makes sense.

My first visit to Starbucks on Soi 13-1 , maybe 12-14 years ago... I wandered in about 07:30... the door was open , but they told me " no open...08:00 "

I went across the street to the beach, which had lots of places to sit in those days.  Two nice young girls sat next to me and offered me a romp , I was in dire need of caffeine and told them to hang around.  I still remember the gold shiny sneakers one girl was wearing.  Sigh...........

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 20:53, just hanging said:

You got that right, can't tell you how many time when I stayed on Soi 13, went down to Beach Rd and Soi 13/1 to wait for them to open at 8 AM.

Yesterday (Thanksgiving) went to my local Starbucks at 5:30 AM and they were open and waiting for me with my 'Espresso' all ready in the cup. Great when you mobile app them so it's ready when you arrive.

As a back up to having coffee in my room, since they all have hot pots, I bring "coffee bags" just like tea bags, but Folgers Coffee, sure beats the instant crap.

BTW, I think Witherspoons has some of the best brewed coffee and served and very large cup.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Does starbucks have good coffee ????( pls don't kill me ^^ ) 

i'd rather go to starbucks for frappuccinos but not for coffe lol.

i think investing in a small coffee maker is indeed a good advice  ;-)

5 hours ago, lesbest77 said:

Does starbucks have good coffee ????( pls don't kill me ^^ ) 

i'd rather go to starbucks for frappuccinos but not for coffe lol.

i think investing in a small coffee maker is indeed a good advice  ;-)

You may as well be asking about good beer or pizza.  It's a matter of what you like.  If nothing else, they tend to be fairly consistent considering how many locations they have.  I rarely buy coffee when I'm not traveling because I am quite capable of making a damn good cup ( or three) at home.

Some people think Starbuck's coffee tends to be bitter , which I relate to them using a darker roast. 

I have a "filter cone" which I use now when I travel.  

image.jpeg.37d07f91436acae28d1062a204627cb7.jpeg

I'm pretty sure Bake N Brew on Soi Excite had one of these for sale on the behind the counter shelf. I got mine shipped over via Amazon and my mail forwarding service in Las Vegas.

The Melitta cone filters are a lot simplier; it depends on how fiddly you want to be about your morning coffee. :-) I also brought over a stainless steel insulated French press that makes pretty good coffee without being too fiddly. 

When you make your own coffee, it doesn't matter how early in the morning it is. :-)

You may as well be asking about good beer or pizza.  It's a matter of what you like.  If nothing else, they tend to be fairly consistent considering how many locations they have.  I rarely buy coffee when I'm not traveling because I am quite capable of making a damn good cup ( or three) at home.
Some people think Starbuck's coffee tends to be bitter , which I relate to them using a darker roast. 
I tried one if those filter cones with Benjamet ground coffee and i can confirm it is crap and Burger King coffee is most likely better and less faffing about

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, baddog666 said:

I tried one if those filter cones with Benjamet ground coffee and i can confirm it is crap and Burger King coffee is most likely better and less faffing about

Perhaps you are just domestically incompetent ....   

Perhaps you are just domestically incompetent ....   
Its difficult to get a coffee cone filter coffee wrong, hardly a complex skill

Never up before about 10.30 when in Pattaya....but do enjoy a coffee when I do surface.

I always go to the Thai ice coffee stands - a few good ones around the chicane area of Soi Buakhao - love the taste and strength of it although each bag probably has about 1,000 cals in it given all the evaporated and condensed milk they use. Never really been able to replicate that taste when back home.

Never really see too many farangs any of these stalls or even drinking the Thai coffee TBH though.....

57 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Never up before about 10.30 when in Pattaya....but do enjoy a coffee when I do surface.

I always go to the Thai ice coffee stands - a few good ones around the chicane area of Soi Buakhao - love the taste and strength of it although each bag probably has about 1,000 cals in it given all the evaporated and condensed milk they use. Never really been able to replicate that taste when back home.

Never really see too many farangs any of these stalls or even drinking the Thai coffee TBH though.....

I used to drink the Thai iced coffee, but like you said, the calorie count as well as sugar content is off the charts .  I like my coffee when I wake up , before shower, before dump ( which the morning coffee encourages ) so in room is a necessity and Nescafe instant is for peasants.

The larger 7-11 stores who have the coffee kiosk make a decent, albeit, small coffee. Many times drink their latte for 25B . 

Agree about farang drinking these...IMO the Thais prefer an iced drink vs. hot coffee. 

I made a coffee kit that fits in a small box and I take it with me on my travels.

A bag of fresh ground coffee, hot water kettle, french press, measure spoon and cup.

On pattaya south road there is a good and cheep coffeshop, just 100m east from Friendship

Archived