IGNORED

Transfer from DMK to Pattaya Walking Street & return to Nana

puthsardarade

Hi,

I arrive at DMK around 1pm, I was quoted 1350 by taxi, is there any cheaper options?

Any taxi firms highly recommended similar price or less?

I would also consider a bus service and I read it may take a little longer but would cost a lot less - anyone can share tips on this please?

On the return I may just use Bell bus service from Pattaya Walking Street and I plan to stay near Nana BTS, any alternative bus services I could use?

Thanks

A1 bus outside DMK to Mo Chit BTS (30 baht), then BTS to Ekkamai (42 baht), then bus to pattaya (108) baht. Takes about 2 hours (maybe little more or less depending on traffic - i.e. getting out of Bangkok). Bus stops North Road.

Or DMK - to BKK airport shuttle (free) then bus from BKK airport to Pattaya (station just before Jomtien) - 130 baht I think it is (cannot remember, I normally stay in Bangkok a few days and then travel from Ekkamai)

8 minutes ago, Maximo105 said:

A1 bus outside DMK to Mo Chit BTS (30 baht), then BTS to Ekkamai (42 baht), then bus to pattaya (108) baht. Takes about 2 hours (maybe little more or less depending on traffic - i.e. getting out of Bangkok). Bus stops North Road.

Or DMK - to BKK airport shuttle (free) then bus from BKK airport to Pattaya (station just before Jomtien) - 130 baht I think it is (cannot remember, I normally stay in Bangkok a few days and then travel from Ekkamai)

Thanks, is it not but is there also a third option from DMK to Mo Chit 2 and taking a bus from there?

Would that be quicker than from DMK to Ekkamai and then bus?

How much should I pay from Pattaya station to Walking Street?

With regards to DMK to BKK - is the airport shuttle still free or only for passengers with flight tickets going from BKK after?

How long would the shuttle take from DMK to BKK and then the bus from BKK to Pattaya?

Thanks

On 11/14/2017 at 06:14, puthsardarade said:

Thanks, is it not but is there also a third option from DMK to Mo Chit 2 and taking a bus from there?

With regards to DMK to BKK - is the airport shuttle still free or only for passengers with flight tickets going from BKK after?

How long would the shuttle take from DMK to BKK and then the bus from BKK to Pattaya?

Thanks

Yes if you take A1 bus from DMK you can get to Mo Chit 2 and get a direct bus to Pattaya. I had to wait for 2 hours before I could get a bus since I arrived at around 9AM and they only had a bus at 11. Not sure of the reason since they dont speak english I could not figure out. Apart from that this is a better option than Ekkamai as you dont have to travel by BTS in between.

From Pattaya station to Walking Street I guess you could get a shared baht bus ride from the station for around 50-100B. Else just get a grab taxi or a motor bike taxi. The motorbike guys just outside the station is going to charge more compared to others.

" A1 bus outside DMK to Mo Chit BTS (30 baht), then BTS to Ekkamai (42 baht), then bus to pattaya (108) baht. Takes about 2 hours (maybe little more or less depending on traffic - i.e. getting out of Bangkok). Bus stops North Road "

I don't see how this can possibly  just take 2 hours, when a taxi direct from the airport to your hotel takes 2 hours. Has anybody actually done this by 2 buses and a BTS ride in just 2 hours  ?

On 11/17/2017 at 16:50, darpra said:

Yes if you take A1 bus from DMK you can get to Mo Chit 2 and get a direct bus to Pattaya. I had to wait for 2 hours before I could get a bus since I arrived at around 9AM and they only had a bus at 11. Not sure of the reason since they dont speak english I could not figure out. Apart from that this is a better option than Ekkamai as you dont have to travel by BTS in between.

From Pattaya station to Walking Street I guess you could get a shared baht bus ride from the station for around 50-100B. Else just get a grab taxi or a motor bike taxi. The motorbike guys just outside the station is going to charge more compared to others.

I'm trying to locate a bus schedule from Mo Chit 2, otherwise may have to go for the taxi to Ekkamai option as have a large suitcase.  Suppose I could always get the A1 to Mo Chit 2 and then Taxi from there to Ekkamai and save a little. Thanks

On 11/19/2017 at 19:33, darpra said:

Yeah if you know the bus schedule of Mo Chit 2 then please pose here. Could be helpful for us.

Typically they have no schedule and just mentioned every 30 minutes which I doubt is accurate as someone mentioned they had to wait around two hours earlier.  I think I'm tempted to just taxi for 1300b with Mr T Taxi.

If you decide to take the bus, it is fairly painless. From north bus station, where you will be dropped off,it is 50 baht via baht bus - songtaew to walking street( set price) , moto taxi is 80 baht.

On 14/11/2017 at 00:44, puthsardarade said:

Thanks

Hi

Yeah, you can do Mo Chit (though normally I prefer Ekkamia). Once you get to Mo Chit BTS station, you need to get on another bus to get to Mo Chit coach station (I cannot remember the number as I did it only the other way and found it a hassle to walk through the market to find the bus, and then no one spoke English. Tho the bus was only 8 baht). And then at Mo Chit can get the bus to Pattaya for 120 baht I think it was.  Normally I always like to stay in Bangkok for a few days, usually around Nana, so take the bus from Ekkamia when I do leave. 

Not sure how much Naklua staion to WS - prob 100 plus on motortaxi. I stay in Naklau so just get a cheap motortaxi to my condo (even with 20kg suitcase, full backpack, carrier bag with water and food and computer bag to carry).

Yes shuttle service is free with air ticket. 

I found a van service from Mo Chit 2 to Pattaya North / South.

Just 92 baht.  Assume luggage is included but you will need to check.

They have no schedule and just say they run every 30 mins - which I doubt, suspect it's more of when we are full we will go type service.

It's good if you are on a budget, as you can get A1 from airport for 30b and then 92b for the van service.

I am likely to pay 1300b for Mr T Taxi as I don't know of anyone that has used the service and I'm unsure of the scheduled times and how reliable they are and being cramped on a van for 2.5 hours doesn't sound too comfortable.

http://www.pattayavan.com/v2/en/van-routes/

Bangkok – Pattaya

Our vans depart from Northern Bus Station (Morchit2) Platform 6, Counter no.71 take motorway road to Pattaya. Our van will drop off at North Pattaya intersection, South Pattaya intersection, corner of Walking Street and last stop at Bali Hai pier.

Travelling time: about 2 and a half hours

Fare 92 Baht/seat

Thanks

3 hours ago, Maximo105 said:

Yeah, you can do Mo Chit (though normally I prefer Ekkamia). Once you get to Mo Chit BTS station, you need to get on another bus to get to Mo Chit coach station (I cannot remember the number as I did it only the other way and found it a hassle to walk through the market to find the bus, and then no one spoke English. Tho the bus was only 8 baht).

Its the A1 bus. It stops at Mo chit BTS and then on Mo chit bus station. No need to get another bus for that.

25 minutes ago, darpra said:

Its the A1 bus. It stops at Mo chit BTS and then on Mo chit bus station. No need to get another bus for that.

Cheers. I've only ever done it in reverse and got a different bus from Mo Chit to the BTS (it was only 8 baht), and then the A1 from there - so good to know (although I rarely go from airport direct to Pattaya as I like to spend a few days in BKK usually at either end of my stay). 

• 1 month later...

Due to it being a short trip I used taxi - Mr.T from DMK to Pattaya for 1300b and then Bell on the return which took around 3 hours in total from my hotel in Pattaya to my hotel in Bangkok. Happy with both transfers.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:26, puthsardarade said:

Hi,

I arrive at DMK around 1pm, I was quoted 1350 by taxi, is there any cheaper options?

Any taxi firms highly recommended similar price or less?

I would also consider a bus service and I read it may take a little longer but would cost a lot less - anyone can share tips on this please?

On the return I may just use Bell bus service from Pattaya Walking Street and I plan to stay near Nana BTS, any alternative bus services I could use?

Thanks

Recomended taxi http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

And reading all above all are correct.but remember you need to still get to your hotel.so still additional cost unless you on the baht bus rout the pattaya van from mochit 2 is the cheapest and stops at south pattaya road opposite bamboo bar so the full price with bus 30/van 92/10 baht bus willl be 132 baht.But then haggeling with a private baht bus or motor taxi will be 50 to 150 if your not on the rout.

So i would take the free shuttel service to swampy you need a valid ticket but they dont check.then bell travel at 1600 or 1800 to be sure 240 baht to your door less hasel.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

8 hours ago, puthsardarade said:

Due to it being a short trip I used taxi - Mr.T from DMK to Pattaya for 1300b and then Bell on the return which took around 3 hours in total from my hotel in Pattaya to my hotel in Bangkok. Happy with both transfers.

I've already been and come back and I summarised above how I traveled. :)

Archived