Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting a passport for a 3 year old Issan child in Pattaya?

izzyg

When my girlfriend's 3 year old daughter is visiting us in Pattaya we plan to get her a passport. Is it possible to get a passport for her at the passport office in Pattaya? What documents do we need to show when making the application?

Maybe ask your girlfriend to find out from the passports office...

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

It has been a few years since i did it but i believe you need birth certificate for the 3 year old, girlfriends Tabien Baan (house book showing everyone who lives at that address), Girlfriends Thai passport and girlfriends ID card.

5 hours ago, overseas516 said:

It has been a few years since i did it but i believe you need birth certificate for the 3 year old, girlfriends Tabien Baan (house book showing everyone who lives at that address), Girlfriends Thai passport and girlfriends ID card.

I believe this is correct ( for a Thai passport ).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

6 hours ago, SteveX08 said:

Maybe ask your girlfriend to find out from the passports office...

+1. OP should step right out of the picture. Leave it entirely to his TGF to find out what's required from the passport office and to make the application on her own. A farang getting involved will probably only complicate the process as he's neither the child's father nor is he legally married to the child's mother.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

14 hours ago, The Sly Fox said:

+1. OP should step right out of the picture. Leave it entirely to his TGF to find out what's required from the passport office and to make the application on her own.

Unfortunately my GF is not very good with documents or contact with officials. Her way of working is sitting on a bus a few hours to the office, waiting in line some more hours only to be told that she need another document.

21 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Do the house book need to be in original or is a copy accepted?

I have heard somewhere that you also need written proof from the father that is is ok for the child to get a passport?

10 minutes ago, izzyg said:

Do the house book need to be in original or is a copy accepted?

I have heard somewhere that you also need written proof from the father that is is ok for the child to get a passport?

Tabien Baan needs to be original.

With regards to the father i do not know if they need written permission for the child to get a passport as in my case i was the father (my name on birth certificate) 

What i would ask is the father name on the birth certificate? If not i would not worry.

If he is on the birth certificate and the mother is still on speaking terms with the father get him to sign a letter saying he gives his permission for his child to get a Passport. 

Sorry i cannot be more helpful but what i would do is contact someone like Key Visa in Pattaya (Darren) and ask him the question about the father permission?

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

you can find the rest of the article here https://www.thaivisa-express.com/apply-thai-passport/

Might be worth talking to Thai Visa express I have used them and they sorted everything out for me but give good free advise. they sorted out the passport and visa for my Then girlfriend's daughter if I remember rightly but might have just been the visa either way everybody arrived ok with passports  :-)

Thai Passport Applications Submitted Outside Bangkok !

– Both parents can accompany the child to apply for an e-Passport and sign the parental consent form.

or

– One parent accompanies the child, signs the parental consent form, and submits a notarized consent letter of the non-appearing parent.

Notes:  If necessary, both parents who cannot accompany the applicant under the age of 15 to apply for a passport may designate a representative to do on their behalf. A representative is required to submit additional documents they are as follows:

(1) a letter of Authorization from the applicant’s parents giving he/she the authority to sign a parental consent form in front of the Passport Office’s authorized personnel

(2) a parental consent letter signed by the applicant’s non-appearing parents

(3) original Citizenship I.D. Cards of the applicant’s parents

(4) the representative’s Citizenship I.D.Card (original document)

Note: A parental consent letter and a letter of Authorization must be notarized by the Thai district registration office or the Thai embassy / consulate–general abroad.

Information About Applying For A Thai Passport !

If the Thai passport applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’. If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, the father of the applicant cannot sign the parental consent form alone unless there is a court order granting sole guardianship to the Father. If the applicant’s parents were divorced or did not live together, a parent who is present to sign the parental consent form will need to bring the memorandum of divorce proving sole custody of the appearing parent. If the applicant’s birth parents had officially given up the applicant for adoption, they cannot sign the parental consent form on behalf of the adoptive parents. Required Thai passport documents must be original or must be certified or notarized by the district office or agency that issued the documents.

Documents required for applicants under the age of 15

Birth Certificate or a certified copy from the applicant’s district office

House Registration

Parents or legal guardian’s Citizenship I.D. Card or the other identification card which compiles to the rules of the Ministry of Interior

A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent

Other relevant documents such as

Change of Name or Surname Certificate

Adoption/Legal Guardianship Certificate

Divorce Certificate

Divorce’s memorandum certifying sole custody of the appearing parent

Death Certificate of non-appearing parent

Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-appearing parent

Alien Certificate of the applicant’s parents

Application fee

Passport application fee: 1,000 Baht

postage service (EMS) fee: 35 Baht

23 hours ago, overseas516 said:

What i would ask is the father name on the birth certificate? If not i would not worry.

If he is on the birth certificate and the mother is still on speaking terms with the father get him to sign a letter saying he gives his permission for his child to get a Passport.

The father's name is on the birth certificate. According to the GF he will sign anything ... if we find him......

23 hours ago, T-T-T said:

you can find the rest of the article here https://www.thaivisa-express.com/apply-thai-passport/

– One parent accompanies the child, signs the parental consent form, and submits a notarized consent letter of the non-appearing parent.

A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent

Have anyone seen a template for the "parental consent letter"?

What is "a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card"? I know what a copy is, but what is "certified"?

23 hours ago, T-T-T said:

If the Thai passport applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’.

This may be something for us. The parents were never married and the mother have taken full care since day one.

1 hour ago, izzyg said:

Have anyone seen a template for the "parental consent letter"?

What is "a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card"? I know what a copy is, but what is "certified"?

in the UK a certified copy is made by  a solicitor/lawyer so they photocopy it and date stamp it is  then signed by them as having seen the original and that is a certified copy .....in thailand I think it can be done by the local government  amphur but best get advice from somebody more in the know 

Archived