IGNORED

View Talay 2, Thoughts? Any recommendations for large condos close to central as possible (80 sqm or more) to rent long term\ budget 25k pm

ceiling

Plans are in motion to head over hopefully this month, plan on staying a year via education visa (32 years old from uk).  Been looking at different condo's online but I'm getting the feeling I need to be there in person before committing to anywhere long term.  Got offered this one, seems very decent, jomtien so not ideal as I was hoping to be close to centre as possible but the baht bus route is literally on the doorstep.  Anyone stayed in this building or know of it and can give feedback?  25k per month for longterm lease not including electric/water or internet.  

140 sqm which is great, exactly what I need as I will be doing a lot of work from home.  Other recommendations welcome, for me the key things are a large living room as I will be putting a desk in there to work, in front of the tv so need enough space for that and a couch.  Central location, for me the perfect choice would be vt6 but I'm simply never gonna find what I need in this price range, unless miracles do occur.  Also needs fairly easy access to baht bus or moto taxis as I don't drive

vt2_2.png

vt2_1.png

140 sqm in what looks to be a amazing condition just have to be a great deal if in view talay 2 

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Stayed in VT2A a year ago.  Yes, its on baht bus route, but takes time and patience there and back with fuully loaded Russian baht busses.  I would def have a motorbike if staying in Jomtien.  There were small units (37 Sq M) for the 12-15K range, the larger 72 Sq M units I did not look at, but there will likely be a bunch of postings on the bulletin board in that building. 

I totally agree with your 'being there' to get good viewings on places-not to be taken lightly as it will need to be just right for you if it is for an entire year.  PM if you want further (opinionated) details on VT2. 

i have stayed there... you got a good place. and after u being there a bit , you wont move. it is just perfect distance away from Patts madness.. they are nice building with good pools and views.. well kept. with facility like laundry and small stores and othe services on main.. awesome resturants within a short walk. big open air market and a few bars...when u want madness , pop over the hill and you got it. enjoy...you scored i think.

plus there are two good Gentlemens Clubs very close.

This is a good unit (3 rooms, if I remember correctly) on the cool side of VT2A. Dancewatcher used to lease out this room! You can/should negotiate it down for a year... I would think, around 20K; would be top of the range.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

I'm booked to stay in VT2 for December and January through Dancewatchers.

I've never set foot in Jomtien before but I thought it might be a bit a quieter and more laid back than Pattaya so thought I would give it a go. I'll be renting a scooter so then Pattaya is not far away anyway.

Always a risk I suppose if you haven't been to a place before.

I used Dancewatchers as everyone seems to say they are pretty good, that and I didn't really fancy just turning up and hoping to find something decent over the peak period.

I will use this trip as an educational opportunity to sound out places for future visits.

1 minute ago, Kim Jong Il said:

I've never set foot in Jomtien before but I thought it might be a bit a quieter and more laid back than Pattaya so thought I would give it a go. I'll be renting a scooter so then Pattaya is not far away anyway.

I used Dancewatchers as everyone seems to say they are pretty good, that and I didn't really fancy just turning up and hoping to find something decent over the peak period.

I will use this trip as an educational opportunity to sound out places for future visits.

DW a safe bet for first visit. Not the cheapest but decent service & the Maid option is very useful.

I wouldn’t make plans to go into Pattaya for New Year - unless you walk it. I gave up last NY. No taxis available, baht buses all full with people hanging off back and the queue from South Pattaya traffic lights going half way down Jomtien beach road.

VT2A a decent location with good laundry lady downstairs and excellent pool. Plenty of places to eat close by.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Get a motorbike if you are going to be here a year.  Lots of things to see and do.  You will want the freedom.  You WILL get tired of drinking and fucking all the time.

Get a motorbike if you are going to be here a year.  Lots of things to see and do.  You will want the freedom.  You WILL get tired of drinking and fucking all the time.
Make sure you have your IDL with you and don't drink and drive. Common sense, but not so common after all is said and done.

Daryle

Make sure you have your IDL with you and don't drink and drive. Common sense, but not so common after all is said and done.

Yes the IDL is very important, there is currently a purge going on with police at the moment, I've been pulled over 8 times in 3 weeks

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

I'm the exact same, never been to jomtien, furthest I got was when I stayed mr mac hotel on Thappraya Road and now I've gone and booked 6 months there 555 sounds a bit silly when you put it that way.  I'm sure it will be fine, the condo makes up for the distance, I'll be spending most of my time there working anyway and the baht bus route is on my doorstep

I am at VT 2 atm...   I like the place.  The room I am in is only for a month, so am looking for elsewhere, be it here or some other development.  I have been looking around, and there is a fair bit of stock to be had. I want upwards of 70sqm as well.

I looked at a room, more or less in behind Rhompo. I think the development is called The Park (or similar).  It is VERY quiet, and the rooms are magnificent. Tow buildings are complete with a third part way done... Be good for rental, not sure I would be buying there tho.  You would need a bike.

Anyone with a large room in this area for rent for 12 months, PM me please.

Here is a traffic tip.  There is a cop operating just about daily opposite the Robin Hood Bar. Just after the lights heading towards Jomtien Beach.  What he is knocking people off for, other than helmets, is pulling past the white stop line at the lights, and stopping on the zebra crossing waiting for the lights to change. If you do it, and turn right, you will get booked. He doesn't care what colour you are, he nails everyone.  It's great entertainment from the Robin Hood Bar.... Thais cop it on the chin.... farangs not so much 5555

Jomtien is a nightmare December through January. Nobody can storm a baht bus and trample whatever is in their way like the Russians!

Great if you don't leave jomtien but forget it if your going into Pattaya, both central world and Soi 6 are literally unreachable due to gridlock

I have stayed at VT2A twice now and am booked thru Dancewatchers to stay again for four months starting in mid-January. I rent one bedroom condos and am pleased with what I have gotten. The two rooms I have used so far were well furnished with very good kitchen items. I like to swim in the morning and they have a great pool. The maid service etc. has been very good. One can get a small motor bike as well thru Tik.

Like others have said the location is very good.

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

Here is a traffic tip.  There is a cop operating just about daily opposite the Robin Hood Bar. Just after the lights heading towards Jomtien Beach.  What he is knocking people off for, other than helmets, is pulling past the white stop line at the lights, and stopping on the zebra crossing waiting for the lights to change. If you do it, and turn right, you will get booked. He doesn't care what colour you are, he nails everyone.  It's great entertainment from the Robin Hood Bar.... Thais cop it on the chin.... farangs not so much 5555

Thanks! Been there done that. U-turn asap!

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the IDL is very important, there is currently a purge going on with police at the moment, I've been pulled over 8 times in 3 weeks

The Police seem very keen at the moment. Seem to get pulled over almost every day. No problem with the right documents but annoying. Get a bike by all means but don't use it to drink/drive at night. Only a question of time before you get splattered.

13 hours ago, mcfish said:

Jomtien is a nightmare December through January. Nobody can storm a baht bus and trample whatever is in their way like the Russians!

Great if you don't leave Jomtien but forget it if your going into Pattaya, both central world and soi 6 are literally unreachable due to gridlock

You are kidding right !!! there are no Russians any more grid lock be real theres no tourists here any more just look at whats for sale .

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

13 hours ago, mcfish said:

Great if you don't leave Jomtien but forget it if your going into Pattaya, both central world and soi 6 are literally unreachable due to gridlock

I stayed in Jomtien for a month last December/January and went into Pattaya and back twice a day most days. Slower than July yes, but no problem really.

The only exception was the 2 days of the NY Weekend when it was virtually impossible. Lots of Thais down from Bangkok. The traffic was, basically, queuing from the Pattaya Tai lights to halfway down Jomtien Beach Rd and Second Rd. Gave up on joining friend and spent NYE in Jomtien.

I don't actually drive, I'm at the mercy of baht buses and moto taxis lucky me
I live very close to there also on bus route. It's fine you never really have to wait long getting a bus unless its late at night. If you are not drinking everyday and you are spending a lot of time in you condo and don't drive it's perfect. I don't drive and wanted somewhere on the bus route. It seems you get more for your money in Jomtien. Also View Talay 2 has loads of shops and things downstairs it's very convenient. Also you have food mart 5 mins away. Which is open 24 hours a day unlike Tescos. Enough bars with better people in them IMO and a slightly better beach. Then when you want a big night out just jump on a bus. Any then get a moto back 120THB for 2 people. There's loads of Russians here but you never really meet them and it's not a problem. The only downside for me is all my favourite restaurants are in pattaya. And sometines the girls are lazy to come here but that's OK because then you know she is lazy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great if you don't leave jomtien but forget it if your going into Pattaya, both central world and soi 6 are literally unreachable due to gridlock
Nonsense I've been here 3 years there can be a bit busy sometimes but it's hardly a massive problem. Maybe if you are on holiday but not if you've got loads of time. Never have to wait more then 5 mins for a bus I can get on apart form maybe new years eve or other days like that.

I stayed in Jomtien for a month last December/January and went into Pattaya and back twice a day most days. Slower than July yes, but no problem really.
The only exception was the 2 days of the NY Weekend when it was virtually impossible. Lots of Thais down from Bangkok. The traffic was, basically, queuing from the Pattaya Tai lights to halfway down Jomtien Beach Rd and Second Rd. Gave up on joining friend and spent NYE in Jomtien.
The 2 times that's happened to me I just get a beer form 7 and walk. They say walking is good exirise anyway. Beer and a bit of walking music not a problem for me. You can do it in 30-40 mins. And you could even stop of in a few bars on the way theres a few I haven't been in along the route what looks quite good. Aslo you can just walk down the road for 15 mins and it's easy to get a motorbike bike Taxi.

6 minutes ago, juice777 said:

The 2 times that's happened to me I just get a beer form 7 and walk. They say walking is good exirise anyway. Beer and a bit of walking music not a problem for me. You can do it in 30-40 mins. And you could even stop of in a few bars on the way theres a few I haven't been in along the route what looks quite good. Aslo you can just walk down the road for 15 mins and it's easy to get a motorbike bike Taxi.

Walking would have been an option but opted for lazy choice and sat comfortably in bar in Jomtien drinking beer. I won’t use mototaxis. 

I’ll plan ahead if I want to meet up with friends next time I’m there for NY. Plenty of rooms in Pattaya for a couple of nights - even then.

Archived