IGNORED

World cup air racing comes to Pattaya!

mcfish

• 4 weeks later...

I actually attended the 2017 Utapao Air Show and I'm sorry to disagree about the size of various racer 'Balls'.Other than the first bend from the start its pretty basic and low risk flying (Sorry guys) there are two waves of 4 at the start which is in the from of a standing start on the ground. By the time they get to the first bend in the air there is normally 50 to 150 mtrs separation. In addition to that, unlike F1,   pilots must overtake on the outside and they have the added  benefit of above and below. I personally feel that there could be at least 12 racers as opposed to 8 as the circuit as about 5 kms. Ironically an F1 car could probably complete the circuit quicker.

In general terms I enjoyed the show as there were many other aspects like. ............ Pit access, old USA classic cars, motorcycles, music concert, model racing and the airfield museum.

Archived