IGNORED

Can you help me translate from English to Thai ?

Mr.Cyp-78

There are few question that i was wondering .... first how u verb and subject agreement .....

if u could help me translate

My name is ..... :

What's is Your Name:

How are You :

I'm coming in march for two from the 2 to the 19 of march:

What do you want to do :

what do you want to drink :

Do you have a boyfriends :

Why are you doing this job :

do you want to go shopping ?

want to head up to nightclub ?:

If you dont its alright thanks anyway

" I'm the master of my fade , the captain of my soul !!!! "

babydollsaddict.gif

My name is ..... :

My Name is: Pom chur Mr.Cyp-78 krap .

What's is Your Name: Koon chur al-lie krap

How are You : Sa-bai dee mai krap

What do you want to do : Koon Yak Tam-arai krap

what do you want to drink : Koon Yak duum arai krap

Do you have a boyfriends : Koon mee fairn mai krap

do you want to go shopping ? Koon Yak bai shop-ping mai krap

want to head up to nightclub ?: Koon Yak bai klab mai krap

Why are you doing this job : Tam-ngan nee, Tamai ('ngan' is a very hard word to get right, and... don't ask this to a bar girl etc ).

Good luck, those questions are the limit of some girls english vocabularies, heh. I'd probably type some of those words into http://www.thai-language.com/dict/ 's dictionary as there can be quite a lot muddled when typing thai in english and the audio really helps.

-

Language legengs.. please criticize if I got anything even slightly wrong.

Not 100% on the structure of this one, but i'll have a stab until the good dr shows up.

I'm coming in march for two weeks from the 2nd to the 19th of march: bee naa, Pom mah tee mee-na-kom sam-rap 2 ah-deet, wan song jon-teung wan sip-gow tee mee-na-kom krap

Edited by herds

I'm gonna piggy back on this as I'm sure Dr. Winston will chime in.

grumpy = something like aa rohm cee aa, I have the aa rohm part down, what does the cee aa mean literally?

I'm gonna piggy back on this as I'm sure Dr. Winston will chime in.

grumpy = something like aa rohm cee aa, I have the aa rohm part down, what does the cee aa mean literally?

It means spoiled. Your mood is spoiled.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

It means spoiled. Your mood is spoiled.

Said a lot when gambling and someone has a really good hand of card "arlom siia", heh.

I would have said wan tee song - am I wrong?

^barney, I think you're right actually, I was omitting 'tee' do to conditioning i've hard of 'lazy thai'.

"wan song jon-" isn't the complete sentance...

"wan song jon-teung" means "2nd day until.." jon-teung = until

Edited by herds

^barney, I think you're right actually, I was omitting 'tee' do to conditioning i've hard of 'lazy thai'.

"wan song jon-" isn't the complete sentance...

"wan song jon-teung" means "2nd day until.." jon-teung = until

Ah - never heard "jon-teung" before.

I know teung means "as far as" like in "teung see yaak".

Something new I've learnt....... actually I'm off in less than 2 weeks, time to get the Cds out and brush up a bit!

Ah - never heard "jon-teung" before.

I know teung means "as far as" like in "teung see yaak".

Something new I've learnt....... actually I'm off in less than 2 weeks, time to get the Cds out and brush up a bit!

You can use "jon krathang" as well which also means until.

My name is ..... :

My Name is: Pom chur Mr.Cyp-78 krap .

What's is Your Name: Koon chur al-lie krap

How are You : Sa-bai dee mai krap

What do you want to do : Koon Yak Tam-arai krap

what do you want to drink : Koon Yak duum arai krap

Do you have a boyfriends : Koon mee fairn mai krap

do you want to go shopping ? Koon Yak bai shop-ping mai krap

want to head up to nightclub ?: Koon Yak bai klab mai krap

Why are you doing this job : Tam-ngan nee, Tamai ('ngan' is a very hard word to get right, and... don't ask this to a bar girl etc ).

-

Language legengs.. please criticize if I got anything even slightly wrong.

I think no need for criticism, this is just my pointers on the above:

For 'name', you have said Churn. I would say for a newbie reader to try and phonetically say this, Id say "ch-eu" (almost choo, but with a 'eu' twist to it)

Ie Koon Cheu arai Krap? (Many thais will be saying Koon Cheu A-lie Kap)

What do you want to do : I think its important to extent Yak a little as though there were three 'a' in the middle, "Khun Yaaak tum arai krap" (remembering many thais will say a-lie kap, instead of arie krap).

I think it is a brave newb who tries to say drink (deum). This is very tricky to say correctly. Its a real mouth/tongue position issue

An easier way to get round this if you want (but not ideal) is saying, "Geen Nam mai ? Yes this means "Eat water ?". Geen actually translates to putting items in the mouth/using the mouth, so is used for putting food in the mouth, but putting fluid in the mouth can be used also.

As a newb trying to embrace the language (which is highly recommended IMO) Id go for

Monger : "Geen Nam Mai ?" (and use the internationally understood hand sign of a shake of hand at the mouth)

TG : "Chai Ka. Bee-a ka"

You've written boyfriend as "fairn", but probably easier for phonetics as "fen" (but elongate the 'e' i.e. fehhhhn - not f 'eee' n) i.e "mee fehhn mai ?", she will say, "mai meee kah". you can joke back by saying things like:

Monger : "Meeeeeeeeeee" (with a big smile), pom roo leh-owl (I know already).

SHe will talk back saying, "No No I not have, jing jing" etc etc.

Or you could say,

"Meeeee. dton-nee (now) Khun Meee pom (now you have me)"

They seem to like these little silly conversations.

Id say for "go" (shopping), its important to pronounce the 'b' with a slights 'p' about it i.e. bpai shaw-peeeng, chai mai ? (go shopping yes ?)

You are SO right about highlighting 'ng'. I think its one of the hardest things for a westerner to learn. I spent about 90 mins with my Thai Monk teacher at home practicising 'ng' exercises. You are already aware, but more for others, its about the shape our tongue has to do at the back of our mouth, whilst trying to make our vocal chords make a noise, then half way through the noise, change the position of our tongue to a more natural position. I hated learning it, but got it eventually.

To the OP, its great that you will be trying this out. Grab a girl you like for LT and listen to her tones and the shape of her mouth/tongue when saying words/phrases. Its one thing learning from a book and reciting verbatim in western monotones, but another thing to learn spoken Thai that slightly resembles authenticity.

"Pimsleur" Thai CDs are helpful for beginners.

Edited by luvyoulongtime

u guys make my life and conversion with this girl easier

" I'm the master of my fade , the captain of my soul !!!! "

babydollsaddict.gif

Theres a lot of crap in there. although its polite to say krap :)

A lot of krap, you're right. You could actually take some of the krap out and be ok, with friends you don't really need to always krap, the bargirls often don't do it at all.. I met this one girl and she went a few days without krapping.

There are few question that i was wondering .... first how u verb and subject agreement .....

if u could help me translate

I'm coming in march for two from the 2 to the 19 of march:

I would simplify when saying this as it would be easier to say:

Pom maa nai duan mee naa sam rap song ah-tit jaak wan song jon teung wan sib gow.

(I) (come) (in) (month) (march) (for) (two) (weeks) (from) (day) (two) (until) (day) (ninteen)

You can say until 3 ways from my understanding so whatevers easiest for you mate.

jon teung

teung

jon gwaa

And of course the obligitory "krap" at the end for the polite partical.

Edited by Ajay75

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

I would simplify when saying this as it would be easier to say:

Pom maa nai duan mee naa sam rap song ah-tit jaak wan song jon teung wan sib gow.

(I) (come) (in) (month) (march) (for) (two) (weeks) (from) (day) (two) (until) (day) (ninteen)

You can say until 3 ways from my understanding so whatevers easiest for you mate.

jon teung

teung

jon gwaa

And of course the obligitory "krap" at the end for the polite partical.

I would say "pom maa duan meesaa tangtaa wan thee soong thung wan thee sip kaw. There are , of course many ways you could say it. BTW I do not believe you can use the word samrap as it has been used in the above statement. Although it does mean "for" it's meaning is not identical to the English word, it is used to specify a reason for something as opposed to indicating a span of time.

I would say "pom maa duan meesaa tangtaa wan thee soong thung wan thee sip kaw. There are , of course many ways you could say it. BTW I do not believe you can use the word samrap as it has been used in the above statement. Although it does mean "for" it's meaning is not identical to the English word, it is used to specify a reason for something as opposed to indicating a span of time.

Yeah your right Doc, cheers. The sentence I used didnt need the "for" in it. Thats what I like about the language and enjoy the challenge of saying things differently as it helps so much with the learning process.

So whats "tangtaa" another way of saying "for" but in the right context and meaning?

Yeah your right Doc, cheers. The sentence I used didnt need the "for" in it. Thats what I like about the language and enjoy the challenge of saying things differently as it helps so much with the learning process.

So whats "tangtaa" another way of saying "for" but in the right context and meaning?

tangtaa ตั้งแต่ means from or since i.e "pom yuu thee nee tangtaa baay see mong" = I have been here since four in the afternoon.

tangtaa ตั้งแต่ means from or since i.e "pom yuu thee nee tangtaa baay see mong" = I have been here since four in the afternoon.

Haha I know the word "since" but couldnt for the life of me see what it mean when written lol. Always difficult sometimes without being able to hear words and just reading for me. Cheers anyway mate.

From the couple entries I take it that when you say a month you can leave off the 'days in the month' classifier e.g. 'mee naa kom' can be just said 'mee naa', I hear thai people doing this but I thought it was just them being lazy, heh.

ตั้งแต่ < will come in very useful, thankyous.

From the couple entries I take it that when you say a month you can leave off the 'days in the month' classifier e.g. 'mee naa kom' can be just said 'mee naa', I hear thai people doing this but I thought it was just them being lazy, heh.

ตั้งแต่ < will come in very useful, thankyous.

That's right, Thais often drop that part of the month's name.

so you couldn't say:

"polamai sam-rap dek pu-chi"

what would be a correct example, did check the word out but it;s one fo those ones that takes up 20 different meanings or usuages on thai-langauge dot com.

so you couldn't say:

"polamai sam-rap dek pu-chi"

what would be a correct example, did check the word out but it;s one fo those ones that takes up 20 different meanings or usuages on thai-langauge dot com.

Yes, that is a good example of the correct use of samrap.