Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Qatar flights to U-Tapao from 28 January

davidge

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2017/Oct/qatar-airways-launches-new-flights-to-thai-holiday-destination-p.html?activeTag=Press-releases&CID=SMALL0678502232000000001105

4 days a week.

Flight Schedules

Doha (DOH) to Pattaya (UTP) QR828 departs 20:05 arrives 06:30 (next day) - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Pattaya (UTP) to Doha (DOH) QR829 departs 07:50 arrives 11:40 - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

Not sure how good the connections are from UK?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

How many minutes are actually saved if destination are somewhere in central Pattaya?
Not the best arrival and departure times either but of  course a wecome alternative for travellers to  Rayong/Koh Chang.

It depends on a number of factors.

Obviously, the actual journey time to Pattaya is one. Probably 30-45 Minutes less??

Another is the availability of transport from U-Tapao. There have been issues with private car services getting access. That may have been sorted now?

A third is the time it takes to get through immigration. Have to wait to see if U-Tapao and the development there can cope with the extra passengers.

Finally, it depends on the transit time in Doha. Little point saving 30 Minutes if you have to sit in Doha for an extra 3 hours.

Well, doesn’t look as if I’ll be flying CWL-UTP!

Unless I’m reading schedules incorrectly, there’s only 1 day a week with a connection going out (3 hours). Other days it’s 19 hours transit.

Nothing coming back. 1 day it’s 13 hours, the rest it’s 20+

Even if I could get a flight into Utapao from Manchester I would still pick a flight to BKK. Took a taxi from Pattaya central to Utapao last year and it took an hour. Much better ride to Pattaya from BKK. Yes I know it's 90 minutes but it's a better drive and part of my excitement is landing in  suvarnhpum airport (spelling 555)

The Doha layover times are quite short ,1hr20 in both directions if coming from London but wouldn't fancy having to get to UTP for a 7.50am return departure.

As a comparison, Qatar prices to BKK and UTP on the same day I priced up were £468 and £640 respectively. Quite a big difference for very little convenience for those going to Pattaya

With the 120B Jomtien<>BKK airport bus on my doorstep I would never choose to fly to/from U-Tapao and have to pay 250B for a minibus to get there or back. Even for very early departures I would rather spend the night in a hotel near BKK.

Did a check with some dates from Manchester to Bkk £498 Utp £674 so I will not be using it. And as gmingot don't like the times.

27 minutes ago, gmingot said:

The Doha layover times are quite short ,1hr20 in both directions if coming from London but wouldn't fancy having to get to UTP for a 7.50am return departure.

As a comparison, Qatar prices to BKK and UTP on the same day I priced up were £468 and £640 respectively. Quite a big difference for very little convenience for those going to Pattaya

I don't trust short layovers. Both times I've had a short layover with Ethiad twice (45 and 55 minutes) at Abu Dhabi and my luggage didn't follow me to BKK both times!

Now I make sure my layovers are a minimum of 2 hours to a maximum of 3 hours and preferably with Qatar and never had a problem with my luggage being late!

From Yesterday 29th October Emirates has added  a second A380 flight to Dubai from Birmingham.Could be useful to people around that area for connections and cost etc.

The return back thru Doha to Houston is over 40 hours. NOT!

Cant imagine what possible reasons Pattaya visitors would choose this connection. Taxi time is 15 minutes shorter at best then Suvanabhumbi.....maybe if you're rayong based sattahip might be useful but not for pattaya

With all the recent baggage changes with other airlines, is qatar economy still the same? (From UK)

I usually check-in 2 bags (normal sized) and the aggregate of those 2 bags is below 30kg. Seem ok??

On 10/11/2017 at 22:08, taylor1975 said:

With all the recent baggage changes with other airlines, is qatar economy still the same? (From UK)

I usually check-in 2 bags (normal sized) and the aggregate of those 2 bags is below 30kg. Seem ok??

It is ok , but check the dimension

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/baggage/allowance.html

Archived