IGNORED

Internet connectivity

geezer2005

I am hoping to do a long term rental on either a house or condo in the not too distant future.

I will need to be able to use my phone for business. It is a plug and play system which needs to be able to plug into an ethernet socket via a modem.

When I viewed condos in the past, everything was WiFi, hence, I wouldn't be able to plug the phone in!

Does anyone know if the houses come with modems (being individual buildings), and would there be a possibility to have a modem installed into a condo?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Other option in a place with WiFi available would be to use a WiFi repeater or Extender.

Not only it would improve the quality of the WiFi, but many of them also have an Ethernet port  :)

Example of such device (about 400B or less) :

wireless-n-wifi-repeater-1471521395-5255

Can be found on Lazada and in many many many other places :wink:

https://www.lazada.co.th/asiali-300mbps-80211nbg-wireless-n-wifi-repeater-099b-15899706.html?spm=a2o4m.category-020709000000.0.0.2c3dd191cl1Lj7&ff=1&sc=Ee0b

6 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Hi. Other option in a place with WiFi available would be to use a WiFi repeater or Extender.

Not only it would improve the quality of the WiFi, but many of them also have an Ethernet port  :)

Example of such device (about 400B or less) :

wireless-n-wifi-repeater-1471521395-5255

Can be found on Lazada and in many many many other places :wink:

https://www.lazada.co.th/asiali-300mbps-80211nbg-wireless-n-wifi-repeater-099b-15899706.html?spm=a2o4m.category-020709000000.0.0.2c3dd191cl1Lj7&ff=1&sc=Ee0b

That would be perfect.

I wonder if the signal would be strong enough to use for VOiP though.

If ya staying long term and internet is important then ya could have internet installed direct to room. You would then have your own private access with router. Minimum I believe is 6 month contract, it will set you back aporox 4000bt for the 6 months depending on what company you go with. 

13 minutes ago, golden_boy said:

If ya staying long term and internet is important then ya could have internet installed direct to room. You would then have your own private access with router. Minimum I believe is 6 month contract, it will set you back aporox 4000bt for the 6 months depending on what company you go with. 

So you can do this in a condo? If so, thats exactly what I need.

23 hours ago, geezer2005 said:

So you can do this in a condo? If so, thats exactly what I need.

Yes, geezer, Last 2 places I have stayed, one on 7th-floor and one on the 12th floor both had a direct internet connection to the room, on a private router.

On 10/30/2017 at 07:00, golden_boy said:

On 10/29/2017 at 21:48, geezer2005 said:

I am hoping to do a long term rental on either a house or condo in the not too distant future.

I will need to be able to use my phone for business. It is a plug and play system which needs to be able to plug into an ethernet socket via a modem.

When I viewed condos in the past, everything was WiFi, hence, I wouldn't be able to plug the phone in!

Does anyone know if the houses come with modems (being individual buildings), and would there be a possibility to have a modem installed into a condo?

Thanks in advance.

You might have to ask the owner first and or some owners have it installed already and may be he will be willing to pay for the full year and you pay for half in higher rental to cover his cost.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

25 minutes ago, talung66 said:

You might have to ask the owner first and or some owners have it installed already and may be he will be willing to pay for the full year and you pay for half in higher rental to cover his cost.

All but one of my apartments have direct line to the apartment with a router installed so you can connect by line and or wifi.

I do not charge on top of the monthly rental price its included in it.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

40 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

All but one of my apartments have direct line to the apartment with a router installed so you can connect by line and or wifi.

I do not charge on top of the monthly rental price its included in it.

JDM

This is the way to go, recently when renting in VT6, they had the same.

I was able to play youtube and netflix with no problem.

When you have shared wifi with another user, it is hit and miss, because if they are downloading or gaming it can suck.

On 29/10/2017 at 20:48, geezer2005 said:

JDM has some nice properties fully furnished, worth a look.

No, I am not on commission, I have seen a couple of JDM's places and I know the high standard JDM works to.

On 10/30/2017 at 03:00, golden_boy said:

Correct , some companies demand 12 months up front ( 3bb) some only 1st month up front ( TMN ).

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 31/10/2017 at 03:50, GorGuy said:

This is the way to go, recently when renting in VT6, they had the same.

I was able to play youtube and netflix with no problem.

When you have shared wifi with another user, it is hit and miss, because if they are downloading or gaming it can suck.

JDM has some nice properties fully furnished, worth a look.

No, I am not on commission, I have seen a couple of JDM's places and I know the high standard JDM works to.

I can also vouch for JDMs properties. 

Archived