IGNORED

Hunting for The best Tom Yum Goong

elmo12

I am a big fan of Tom Yum Goong. It is made differently back in the US and I am always dreaming of the kind that is Made in Thailand. I prefer the red base broth to the clear kind. I have hunted around Pattaya a bit looking for my heavenly concoction. Far above at the top of my list is the soup I had at the Avani  at Sala Rim Nam. The prawns in the soup were like mini lobsters and the broth was extremely rich. Second I would say is the soup at PBG. It is a huge bowl and certainly a full meal. I would love to hear from others who also seek out this delicious Thai nectar. 

Leng Kee on Pattaya Klang has a nice one.

Not quite sure it matches your description, but you could give it a whirl...

We really need to determine if the OP is wanting  Nam Khon,in order to give advice.

I have a place that serves really good Tom Yum,but it’s different to others.

Strange as it may seem, the best Tom Yum Goong I've had in Pattaya was for breakfast at Sailor Bar. (This being Sailor Bar, it was also shockingly cheap.)

Seriously, that is so unlikely that it borders on a miracle-class event. Your mileage may very well vary.

On 10/28/2017 at 13:37, Skalliwag said:

We really need to determine if the OP is wanting  Nam Khon,in order to give advice.

I have a place that serves really good Tom Yum,but it’s different to others.

I believe I am more a fan of the Nam Khon which Is the kind with coconut milk in it, right?

im an expert.  go to the thai restaurant on naklua soi 27 at start of soi.....  or another great place plus cheaper at pattaya klang big C foodcourt on ground floor ( clean & cheap and fresh ) 

stay away from KISS food on 2nd road.....its pure shit

you can get it clear or with coconut milk . 

5 hours ago, skorp said:

im an expert.  go to the thai restaurant on naklua soi 27 at start of soi.....  or another great place plus cheaper at pattaya klang big C foodcourt on ground floor ( clean & cheap and fresh ) 

stay away from KISS food on 2nd road.....its pure shit

you can get it clear or with coconut milk . 

I've heard of one near there called Mai Thai Cuisine around soi 29. Is that the same one

Archived