IGNORED

Win 10 creators fall update is loading

david555

Comes up in updates as "Features update to Windows 10 version 1709"

Just installing now and hoping for no blue screen of death.

1 minute ago, CuppaTea said:

Comes up in updates as "Features update to Windows 10 version 1709"

Just installing now and hoping for no blue screen of death.

Correct sir....i forgot to detail that

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Correct sir....i forgot to detail that

I've been stuck on "Preparing to install updates 59%" for nearly 10 minutes so far, lets both hope it works.

3 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

I've been stuck on "Preparing to install updates 59%" for nearly 10 minutes so far, lets both hope it works.

How unusual. Next you'll have to spend two days researching fixes and running trouble shooting tools to find out why. Or worse. having to edit the registry and delete library files.

2 minutes ago, CuppaTea said:

I am after downloading and restart 1 0n install.restart 2..now on 82% installed

Restarted 3> 100% THIS MAKE SEVERAL MINUTES ....(start screen ....after new version..yhese update help protect you in an online world ...( normal new version bull shit...lol)..we want everything to be ready for you..... blablabla..) Seems all go be ok. 

Same tyed txt as always by a new version.....aha ..now Let's start.

BINGO I GOT TRU . I SEE MY DESKTOP LAYOUT.

WORKING 

TAKE TIME IT IS A WHOLE SLOW ONE  checked out = 16 gb install update ....

2017-10-18_203543.png

Not sure if it is the same update as mentioned but today when I tried to shut down the lady's recently new laptop it stated 'Update and Restart" as an option.  Figured it would be needed anyway so chose that option. 

It took roughly 3 hours total to configure, prepare the computer, and run the update, including 3 restarts.  Finished about 6pm and according to Winver It is version 1703 (Build 1506.632).  The lady is using it now and have had no complaints (yet).  Her laptop is a HP 14 - bs543TU with Win10 Home.

My desktop is a DELL Optiplex 3020, with Win10Pro, 64 bit.  No option for an update showing.

Update finally done.

From start of process to reboot 2hrs 45 mins

From reboot to finally finished 1hr 20mins

Total time 4hrs 5mins.

Not played around with it yet so I cant say anything other than the time it took.

like I said before it is a very slow one , also I thought he kept hanging first one , and I clicked away , next one same ,but I kept it open .... and slowly I saw the % go further , but in shocks .... so be patient with this one is very ,very slow big update ,..... maybe to many downloaders for the first roll out ...

I will just turn off the updates until I have a spare 4 or 5 hours for the machine to do it's thing........

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 20:14, Kahoy said:

How unusual. Next you'll have to spend two days researching fixes and running trouble shooting tools to find out why. Or worse. having to edit the registry and delete library files.

Only 1 this time....my old scanner hp psc 1200 did print but not scann anymore  .....new drivers from win10 update gett no acces ...??...fixed it with " take ownership"prog. In windos syst.32 on 3 maps . drivers .drivers store.drsvh...and all ok now...

Archived