IGNORED

Passport.

noshow

I have just received my new passport, but did not get my old one back. Is that OK?

Is their anything on the new one to tell Thai Immigration that a have a re-entry permit when I arrive in Bangkok? Thanks.

You should get your old one back with a corner cut off to show it’s invalid. Mine was in the same packet as my new one.

You have a visa of some sort for Thailand? You’ll need that in your new passport I’d have thought?? Better ask the Thai Embassy about transferring. It’s no good turning up at Thai Immigration at Swampy with just an empty new passport. All you’ll get us a 30-day Visa-exempt Entry.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I might be wrong but my old passport arrived with corners cropped off a few day's later.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

You should get your old one back with a corner cut off to show it’s invalid. Mine was in the same packet as my new one.

You have a Visa of some sort for Thailand? You’ll need that in your new passport I’d have thought?? Better ask the Thai Embassy about transferring. It’s no good turning up at Thai Immigration at Swampy with just an empty new passport. All you’ll get us a 30-day Visa-exempt Entry.

Yes, when I renewed I got the old passport with my current visa stamps in it back. And a letter asking thai authorities to transfer visa stamps to new passport. 

4 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I might be wrong but my old passport arrived with corners cropped off a few day's later.

It was about 3 years but I thought I got the 2 back together - I may be wrong. I did pay for the expedited service and courier back though, maybe that makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

It was about 3 years but I thought I got the 2 back together - I may be wrong. I did pay for the expedited service and courier back though, maybe that makes a difference.

I did it on line printed the form sent it on the Monday took a week it was 2 years ago I got the old one back, they are printed by De La Rue so I assumed it was sent by them and the passport office sent the old one back. But same as you I am not sure but I had no current Visa's in it. :Oops1:

noshow what is your nationality? The answers above hold true for UK passports. Your old passport would be returned with the new one. The corner would be cut off. It is then up to you to get any valid visas transferred into the new one,
It may be different for some other nationalities.

Dont know which country you are from, but re-newed my UK passport on-line 2 months ago, sent the old off and got it back a week later in a seperate envelope with front page and last 2 pages corners sliced off.

New passport has a new number, not sure if the visa application would be only relevant to the passport number? But there must be some sort of provision for this.

6 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

noshow what is your nationality? The answers above hold true for UK passports. Your old passport would be returned with the new one. The corner would be cut off. It is then up to you to get any valid Visas transferred into the new one,

echo.

17 minutes ago, hammerman said:

Dont know which country you are from, but re-newed my UK passport on-line 2 months ago, sent the old off and got it back a week later in a seperate envelope with front page and last 2 pages corners sliced off.

New passport has a new number, not sure if the Visa application would be only relevant to the passport number? But there must be some sort of provision for this.

The online option is not available in Thailand. If it was done through the agent at Trendy in Bangkok everything should be returned at the same time, when you or a rep go and pick up the new passport.
You can use the old passport with visa that was valid until the passport was renewed to transfer a valid Thai visa to the new passport. Old and new numbers get linked in that process. 
If the old passport was renewed because it had expired then the Thai visa would have expired on the same date. Transfer must be made before the old visa / or more probably extension expires. I did all this about 6 months ago at Jomtien. Took me 1 day to transfer the non O based on retirement plus my latest extension and re-entry permit.

1 hour ago, Geordie59 said:

noshow what is your nationality? The answers above hold true for UK passports. Your old passport would be returned with the new one. The corner would be cut off. It is then up to you to get any valid Visas transferred into the new one,

I am Scottish. I noticed the old passport number at the bottom of my passport.It also has a chip on it, Maybe that is why I never got the old one.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

You have a Visa of some sort for Thailand? You’ll need that in your new passport I’d have thought?? Better ask the Thai Embassy about transferring. It’s no good turning up at Thai Immigration at Swampy with just an empty new passport. All you’ll get us a 30-day Visa-exempt Entry.

What about the chip and the old passport number on my new one?

You’ll get the old one back. Should arrive soon.

In theory, you should be able to use the visa/re-entry permit as long as you carry both passports.

I’d check with the Embassy as you never know with Thai Immigration. 

You are still likely to need to transfer the visa sometime???

3 hours ago, hammerman said:

New passport has a new number, not sure if the Visa application would be only relevant to the passport number? But there must be some sort of provision for this.

3 hours ago, noshow said:

I have just received my new passport, but did not get my old one back. Is that OK?

Is their anything on the new one to tell Thai Immigration that a have a re-entry permit when I arrive in Bangkok? Thanks.

There you go hammerman has done it recently new & old passport arrived separately so hopefully you will get it in time. They comes with different passport numbers do not know if it will affect your Visa, that I have no idea.Good luck noshow.

1 hour ago, mbamber said:

There you go hammerman has done it recently new & old passport arrived separately so hopefully you will get it in time. He comes up with different passport numbers if it will affect your Visa that I have no idea.Good luck noshow.

Thanks

Archived