Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

bangkok silom - BKK airport

skorp

i need to get from silom area to suwarmuphumi aiport on 18th.     what is best way and cheapest / easiest.

SKYTRAIN,  , MRT , BTS ? 

need to be at airport around 7pm at night ,  so do any these trains go and run untill that time ?    and should i get train at ASOKE ?   or can i get one near silom ?

thanks

Where about's in Silom area? Is your accommodation close to the BTS? The two BTS stations in the Silom area are Sala Daeng or Chong Nonsi. Which one are you closest to? The problem travelling on BTS or taking a taxi at 5 to 6pm is the rush hour traffic at the end of the busy Silom Rd going onto Rama 4 road. Also changing BTS trains at Siam with suitcases at around 6pm has in the past been a bloody nightmare for me with 1000s of Thai office workers trying to squeeze on. I once tried to catch a BTS at Siam to Victory Monument  about 6.30pm and had to wait for 4 trains. The other alternative is to take a metered taxi which again give yourself plenty of time to clear Silom Rd and Rama 4 rd traffic. Once on the expressway toll rd it should be quick to reach airport.

Just thought of a third choice which may work especially if your close to Silom MRT. Take the underground all the way from Silom to Phetchaburi. Get off train at Phetchaburi and walk across footbridge to catch the Airport Rail link from Makkasan to Suvarnabhumi. 

Both combinations of BTS/ARL from Sala Daeng/Chong Nonsi to Phaya Thai and onto Suvarnabhumi or Silom MRT/ARL from Makkasan to the airport will be less than 100 Baht. The taxi you will pay 75 Baht tolls and a further 300-350 Baht depending on traffic so approx total of 400 Baht

Archived