Jump to content
Harry Brown

New Bar for Golfers?

Recommended Posts

Harry Brown

I was walking down Soi Lengkee recently and noticed that there was a bar catering for golfers. I forget the name of it.

Does anyone know the name of this bar ( near Ned Kelly's)  Or do you have any info on it. That would be appreciated thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joethescot

Harry I'm not sure what it is called. Hadn't seen it.

There is so many options and people tend to play with the one or two they always play with. Good luck to any bar looking to run golf as it's a market with some experienced bars who have a lot of the regular golfer.

Still always good to see completion.

btw have you been to the Baku guesthouse in door golf centre just of Soi B??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
1 minute ago, Joethescot said:

Harry I'm not sure what it is called. Hadn't seen it.

There is so many options and people tend to play with the one or two they always play with. Good luck to any bar looking to run golf as it's a market with some experienced bars who have a lot of the regular golfer.

Still always good to see completion.

btw have you been to the Baku guesthouse in door golf centre just of Soi B??

No, Not been there, but my Son has, he said it was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+

There are 4 down there i know of:
Lekatai,
Haven,
Travellers (at Valentines i think),
Access

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froddo

On the left side walking towards 3rd is Travellers Rest Golf Club. Pretty serious & you really need a handicap as they play a comp & they play the better(more expensive) courses. On the same side is Lekati I think it is. They play a variety of courses. Handicap not needed, more social. I played with both & they made me feel welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iron
13 hours ago, froddo said:

On the left side walking towards 3rd is Travellers Rest Golf Club. Pretty serious & you really need a handicap as they play a comp & they play the better(more expensive) courses. On the same side is Lekati I think it is. They play a variety of courses. Handicap not needed, more social. I played with both & they made me feel welcome

which do feel are better to play with, i normally play with the golden ferret society, which i find goos too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
13 hours ago, froddo said:

On the left side walking towards 3rd is Travellers Rest Golf Club. Pretty serious & you really need a handicap as they play a comp & they play the better(more expensive) courses. On the same side is Lekati I think it is. They play a variety of courses. Handicap not needed, more social. I played with both & they made me feel welcome

It wasTravellers that I was thinking of.

 

Thanks for the info guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skalliwag

Ah yes,Travellers.Been around forever,but was on LK Where Queen club is.

Isish guy owned it,now a Scot I believe.

Played with the owner and another guy in the Pattaya Match play series at Pattana in January.

Really nice guy,and a fine bar.Good crew of guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froddo
31 minutes ago, iron said:

which do feel are better to play with, i normally play with the golden ferret society, which i find goos too.

If you are a serious golfer I would go with Travellers Rest. With Laketi you are more likely to get drawn with a hacker{s} like me but both were very friendly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iron
17 hours ago, froddo said:

If you are a serious golfer I would go with Travellers Rest. With Laketi you are more likely to get drawn with a hacker{s} like me but both were very friendly 

thanks for that, i may use travellers rest next time for a change,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devee8
On 10/16/2017 at 19:46, Harry Brown said:

No, Not been there, but my Son has, he said it was ok.

Do you know how much it was ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skalliwag
On 10/21/2017 at 20:50, aussielongboat said:

i  play with links bar in soi buakhao

very organised and friendly and plus you get a free feed after the game.

here's recent match report:

http://pattayasports.org/golf/links-golf-society-2010/

 

Russell still owns Links I believe.

very nice guy and a lovely bar.Its missing something though,not sure what it is....but it’s something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skalliwag

Colin’s bar on Bhuakao is another good golfers bar.On the left down near the big market....good food,good service and the Donkey doesnt disappoint.

I did a review of the breakfast on my thread.See if I can find it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scuba+
Russell still owns Links I believe.
very nice guy and a lovely bar.Its missing something though,not sure what it is....but it’s something.
Russell is long gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.