IGNORED

First time Pattaya. Help!

skirtchasa

I am looking to stay one month this coming January.  I contacted a apartment regarding a one month stay.  Here is the details I was given:

8000 baht per month not included electricity 8 baht/unit and water 25 baht/unit

Is this within the accepted range for the electricity and water fee?  Thanks in advance.

Yeah that looks a good price all round depending on location. Where is it and how will you get about?

Lots of ifs and buts.

Where is it.

Is there a lift.

Is there a pool.

is it fully equipped.

what size is it.

Are there  two sets of sheets and towels.

Is there free DIRECT internet.

The electric is double the normal price so if you only use it at night for a month it would normally be 1,000tb so you will be paying double what you use so your 8,000tb rent is now 9,000tb

Is there a lift.

Is there a pool.

lots to think about.

Don't rush into a booking.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

4 hours ago, skirtchasa said:

electricity 8 baht/unit and water 25 baht/unit

Is this within the accepted range for the electricity and water fee?  Thanks in advance.

They are charging WAY too much.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
36 minutes ago, davidge said:
They are charging WAY too much.

Many places quote the same prices

Nowhere I’ve stayed has charged anything like that for electricity.

5 different condos now.

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

5 different condos now.

If you rent directly from an owner you'll get the government rate of a little under 4 baht a unit.  From apartments or guest houses I've seen it from 6 baht to 10 baht a unit.  8 baht is in the middle and  the OP is here in Jan which is one of the cooler months.

5 different condos now.
Yeah i checked quite a few guesthouses last trip and that was a common quote. I think the difference is a few hundred baht a month

Electric is on the high side. If you leave the air-con on all the time you can easily hit 3,000 baht for the month on electric at 8 baht a unit.

Does it have a fan? Air con can sometimes get too much, where a fan will do.

Re-read JDM's post and maybe PM JDM. 

JDM is very knowledgeable when it comes to rentals, also a very helpful person. 

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah i checked quite a few guesthouses last trip and that was a common quote. I think the difference is a few hundred baht a month

Would have made a difference of 2000 baht for my month’s stay last July if I’d been charged 8 baht a unit instead of the 5 baht I was charged.

Aircon on at 24/26 whenever I was in.

Would have made a difference of 2000 baht for my month’s stay last July if I’d been charged 8 baht a unit instead of the 5 baht I was charged.
Your elec is over 3k a month? Wow, get a fan, turn it off when out. I use both fan and AC and i expect mine to be 1k. It definitely feels healthier using a fan more than AC

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, davidge said:

Your elec is over 3k a month? Wow, get a fan, turn it off when out. I use both fan and AC and i expect mine to be 1k. It definitely feels healthier using a fan more than AC

It was a big condo with an inefficient, old aircon. No fans. Hence a bill of 3700. Previous trip was about 2600, though the unit rate was slightly higher. Smaller condo with new a/c.

When I spent longer in Thailand I’d adjust to the heat and use less a/c. My trips are a maximum of a month at the moment so when I’m in a condo the a/c is on, but not on a very low setting. I’m not going to sit in the condo and sweat, I’m on holiday.

8 hours ago, skirtchasa said:

I am looking to stay one month this coming January.  I contacted a apartment regarding a one month stay.  Here is the details I was given:

That's definitely high for water and elect, but if your getting a apartment in high season for 8000 a month your getting away very cheap. I wouldn't complain about paying double for water and elect. 

10 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

That's definitely high for water and elect, but if your getting a apartment in high season for 8000 a month your getting away very cheap. I wouldn't complain about paying double for water and elect. 

Depends on the apartment! :P

Thanks for the reply.  I didnt expect rental hunting would be so complicated.  I guess I need to hunker down and do a lot more research.   Yes, I plan to use the fan much more than the AC because, like most people, fell that it is the far healthier option.  I am on a very limited budget - 8000 is the top end of what I am willing to pay. I know it is hard to find a place that will give you a monthly rental for less than 3 months.  If you guys have any recommendations  for me to explore, I would love to hear it.  Thank you for all of your replies.

Really does depend on where you want to be.

8k won’t get you much in Central Pattaya. Further out, a few more options.

38 minutes ago, davidge said:

Depends on the apartment! :P

Yes, but the way the op sounded in his first post was that he already found one that I can only assume he's happy with. So if he likes the place that's all that counts, he'll be living there we won't. 555

4 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Yes, but the way the op sounded in his first post was that he already found one that I can only assume he's happy with. So if he likes the place that's all that counts, he'll be living there we won't. 555

I am considering it but not sold on it.

With a decent amount of research you can get quite nice places for 5-8k, I'm staying in one for 6k and I'm very happy about it, pretty central, baht bus route. I usually stay in a perfectly central guesthouse for 12k but wanted to try a little further out + use a scooter.

As I've said before you really need to do your research the previous trip.

Lumpini Ville Naklua is good for a month, probably get one for 8k, on baht bus route, elec and water cheaper than OP.
http://www.renthub.in.th/en

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

With a decent amount of research you can get quite nice places for 5-8k, I'm staying in one for 6k and I'm very happy about it, pretty central, baht bus route. I usually stay in a perfectly central guesthouse for 12k but wanted to try a little further out + use a scooter.

Lumpini Ville Naklua is good for a month, probably get one for 8k, on baht bus route, elec and water cheaper than OP.

I didn't know that renthub served the Pattaya area.  Thanks!  Gonna rummage through their listings right now.

On 10/15/2017 at 19:11, skirtchasa said:

You're getting a lot of conflicting answers from people who only know the facts in there situation.so yes water is very reasonable.and electric is slightly under 4 baht per month government rate.it is not uncommon to be charge between 7 to 10 from hotels/guest houses and some condos.Not renting direct from an owner.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 10/16/2017 at 04:02, skirtchasa said:

If you guys have any recommendations  for me to explore, I would love to hear it.  Thank you for all of your replies.

Someone i know stayed at the links hotel on soi buakow for 6k a month small room no window low season.so 8k should be doable in jan.dont think they advertise that room on there web site but you can always ask. and look on the sois around  Dapartments look like some cheaper guest houses around there.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 10/16/2017 at 03:50, scubascuba3 said:

Top advice its difficult to do it when you arrive yes you can rent a room for a few days and look but much better to look and book for your next trip when you are here.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 15/10/2017 at 19:02, skirtchasa said:

Thanks for the reply.  I didnt expect rental hunting would be so complicated.  I guess I need to hunker down and do a lot more research.   Yes, I plan to use the fan much more than the AC because, like most people, fell that it is the far healthier option.  I am on a very limited budget - 8000 is the top end of what I am willing to pay. I know it is hard to find a place that will give you a monthly rental for less than 3 months.  If you guys have any recommendations  for me to explore, I would love to hear it.  Thank you for all of your replies.

i just saw this today

On 15/10/2017 at 20:29, davidge said:

5 different condos now.

I think he says in OP an APARTMENT, my understanding is that they are charged differently and 8 baht seems to be the low end, some I've heard charge 10.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived