Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Eastiny Fresh food supermarket .

jerry

Paid another visit to Fresh food supermarket on Soi Siam Country today and was positively surprised at what i found . From the outside it looks a bit like a cheap Thai style place but inside it is actually a very nice set up with a good assortment . Big fresh veggie/fruit assortment with salad bar , nice big clean meat corner . Good assortment of dairy products . Nicely done wine and spirit section . Even a Foodland style small restaurant with freshly prepared meals .The only thing i didn't see was a bakery but as it isn't 100% finished yet that might follow later . 

Pricing was a bit over the place with several items a fair bit cheaper than Foodland or Big C but on the other hand several items a bit more expensive . Guess in the end it works out at about the same .  

Friendly people , good service on check out with one girl emptying your cart and another one packing the stuff in plastic bags for you . Parking a bit small with place for about 10/12 cars and 25 bikes . They were still finishing the car parking though so there might be a few extra spots on completion . Only two registers but they won't attract the number of customers like a foodland does so i guess it will be enough for now . 

Where ... ? 

Capture.JPG

Eastiny Park Fresh Food . Soi Siam Country , about 1,5km down from Sukhumvit , right next to the Shell gas station . 

Only had my phone on me so the pics are maybe not perfect but good enough to get an idea . 

WP_20171008_022.jpg

Outside is not the best part .

WP_20171008_021.jpg 

Big entry with a lot of space . Only two registers . 

WP_20171008_001.jpg

Small restaurant that looked inviting . Will try it out soon . 

WP_20171008_002.jpg

Nice and clean fresh meat . 

WP_20171008_003.jpg

Good assortment of packed meats as well . 

WP_20171008_004.jpg

Dairy section looked good . 

WP_20171008_005.jpg

As did the fruit and veggie section . 

WP_20171008_012.jpg

Salad bar looked fresh and clean . 

WP_20171008_011.jpg

Price tags are the same style as in Foodland and i won't be surprised if they've got something to do with it . Lot of the same stuff as in Foodland as well . 

WP_20171008_009.jpg

The little lady approved of it all . 

WP_20171008_008.jpg

Wine and spirit section looks nice . 

WP_20171008_015.jpg

WP_20171008_007.jpg

Wide pathways , easy to maneuver . 

WP_20171008_014.jpg 

90% finished , still filling up the racks . 

WP_20171008_020.jpg

The little lady loved it so much that she was even making selfies in there ... if that's not a good sign i don't what is ... 555 .

If you stay on the Darkside this place is absolutely worth a visit ... if only they would finish Soi Siam Country Road past the big market ... 

Majority of X Pats live on this side so it should do Very well...Best Supermarket on Kow Noi now has a competitor..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Agree 100%, nice store, too bad SSCC is a mess,  I've seen many business' close due to lack of customers/road construction. 

On a side note, anyone else think the adjoining Shell gas station seems expensive?  I asked for a fill up on my motorbike and it was the most I ever paid for a fill up..  The boy filling my tank was determined to fill it to the brim cause the old man (owner?) kept telling him to add more.

8 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

Agree 100%, nice store, too bad SSCC is a mess,  I've seen many business' close due to lack of customers/road construction. 

On a side note, anyone else think the adjoining Shell gas station seems expensive?  I asked for a fill up on my motorbike and it was the most I ever paid for a fill up..  The boy filling my tank was determined to fill it to the brim cause the old man (owner?) kept telling him to add more.

That's why i always ask for a 80 or 100Bht fill up to avoid the BS . From the sign outside the prices seem on par with the other stations . 

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2017 at 11:05, jerry said:

That's why i always ask for a 80 or 100Bht fill up to avoid the BS . From the sign outside the prices seem on par with the other stations . 

Yes but there's a Shell gas station on Pattaya Tai/3rd Road that is notorious for cheating customers out of money, no mater what price per liter is posted.  I'll give them another try but if they come up short, I'm done with that place.

As for the Eastiny market, I was in there and I'm pretty sure they make a pricing mistake on an import item, they had stickers on an item that I know go for 50% more, in Foodland or Villa.  I ended up buying 5 of the items, woo hoo. 

6 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

Yes but there's a Shell gas station on Pattaya Tai/3rd Road that is notorious for cheating customers out of money, no mater what price per liter is posted.  I'll give them another try but if they come up short, I'm done with that place.

Always check that the bowser is zeroed before they start filling your tank.

Soi Siam Country finally (after 3,5 years ... WTF) will get finished this month . 

Eastiny getting a bit busier already but still to quiet . Hope it will pick up in the next few months . Restaurant is good value and great food . The people in there are the friendliest crew i've ever seen in a restaurant . Absolutely worth a visit . 

Had lunch there for the first time yesterday. Staff were really pleasant and quite busy. Ordered Hungarian style pork chop and got pork steak with mushroom gravy but didn't complain as it was really tasty. TGF had a Thai dish which she was impressed with and when she asked the chef about another dish that she was unfamiliar with he presented her with a big bowl of it for free.

It was so good we went back again today. We both ate Thai, I had sweet and sour pork with rice - very nice. We both had soft drinks, I had iced coffee. Total bill 300 baht. t's my new go to place for lunch.

• 8 months later...

The Eastiny Fresh food supermarket on Siam Country Road - now that Topps on Kaoul Noi is opened, has it made any difference to the service and prices at Eastiny Fresh food supermarket? are BMs using it or have you switched to Topps?   

2 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

The Eastiny Fresh food supermarket on Siam Country Road - now that Topps on Kaoul Noi is opened, has it made any difference to the service and prices at Eastiny Fresh food supermarket? are BMs using it or have you switched to Topps?   

Service in both places ok . Prices on many items a bit lower in Eastiny . Restaurant in Eastiny is 10 times better as the one in Tops . More choice in fresh fruit and bread in Tops though .  

Archived