Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Thai teacher in NYC

KDNG

So I found someone who gives Thai lessons in NYC. Last weekend had about four hours of lessons, broken down into two days, and those two hours each day flew. The price is not bad, I know there is a little cheaper out there, but private lessons can cost. I also did not negotitate with her, even though her ad said if you do more lessons she 'd be flxible. But I had a difficult time finding a private tutor.

So basically right price and place, no complaints. She is actually an Issan girl and lived in Bangkok for a few years, yes I know sounds like something we ve heard before. It was a relief actually having her to speak to, the CDs were killing me, and I even noticed some differences with the CDs and her speaking. She had a good lesson plan for someone who would not a lick of Thai, but because of my trips plus the CDs I had an advantage.

For each hour we'd go over her lesson, very basic things, but I had learned some new things I did not know. The next hour I would ask questions about sentence structure and do some vocabulary because I was picking it up fast. She would also goes into Thai culture, and we had a chat about Issan. I told her how I have some friends who I talk to while in America who are from Issan, but obviously never told her I'd been to Pattaya. She is only three years older than I am but had a boyfriend whom she lives with, they are not married.

I must say I am very happy I found her ad, she is a great teacher and is near fluent in English, understands structure and everything. It is funny because I have to control myself from talking to her in bargirlish. I did slip up one time and something like 'well, up to you' and it was strange because she kinda had this laugh that was like, 'yea'. I have a sincere interest in Thailand and the language and she picked up on that very quickly. I will not be taking lessons this weekend because I am currently away, but she sent me an email telling me how if I ever had questions about anything to contact her for no charge because she can see my interest.

She also said she really wanted to help me learn, I think she gets a lot of people who come see her prior to going to LOS. It is actually a relief to have someone face to face to speak with as I said before. The CDs are great but that human interaction is missing and I can hear her more clearly. I can only see her on the weekends which I do not like because I would like to break up the lessons through the week. But I do speak to a BG a few times a week and she calls me, her English is fairly good, and she is always teaching me new words and has me practice.

If you are in the NYC and want to take lessons PM me and I can give you her details, she is really great. If you have some sort of proficieny let her know. It is structured but as said before you can have it free flowing.

Edited by KDNG