Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flying to Bangkok from Europe, return ticket 5 months

flioflop

If I fly into Bangkok from Europe with a return ticket date 5 months later...and wanting to stay in Thailand these 30 days where no visa is necessary...

......will I have problem with the airport immigration. Will they want to see an exit flight ticket for another country like Cambodia for example?

Or can I enjoy my 30 days and leave overland undisturbed?

:unsure::wacko::unsure:

Thank you for your help.

Your main issue will be the airline you are flying more than immigration ... they might not let you board (I've never been asked for proof but it can happen). Probably safer to book a flight you can cancel or cheap throw away flight.

i've had my visa status examined by etihad at the check in desk LHR several times.

never been asked by thai immigration about onward flight plans. your problem is getting on the plane at point of departure in europe

Never been questioned about onward flight. Only thing they are keen on that you put an address you will be staying at on the arrival card.

i don't know but I think they work on the theory that by and large most people don't want a black mark in their passport for future trips to anywhere,let's face it most other Visa countries would be alerted to a potential offender and maybe refuse a visa.

Its mostly dumb ass drunks with no direction in life or criminals who don't respect the law.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been asked about onward travel twice by the airlines but never by Immigration.  I had to show proof of onward travel within 30 days one time but was just asked how many days I would be staying the 2nd time.

if you are concerned just by a refundable ticket and refund it once you’re in country.

When I went to check in they pointed out my trip was 31 days but the girl quickly realised I was not arriving till the next day, the airline is responsible for returning you if immigration refuses entry. 

Archived