IGNORED

The Cliff Condo

badtaya77

Hi,

I'm thinking about renting or even buying a unit there with lovely sea view. Any pros/cons for that condo building as well as its sourroundings? I know this area is (as whole Pratumnak) famous with Russian people but so far personally never had an issue with them and now most of them have gone even their currency slightly recovered. 

lived in a 1 bedroom Cliff condo - rented - on the 16th floor - sea views... that was 2014-2016... real good sea views (Koh Larn, etc) until a new condo was being built behind The Cliff, and then the views were partially obstructed (and the problems with noise, dust/dirt from the construction, which would go on late into the night for awhile, etc)... had recurring problems with A/C units mounted in the ceiling, leaking water... had to have the ceiling repaired twice... the build quality and maintenance of the condo is what I am guessing is the norm for relatively recent build condos in Pattaya - not all that good... for example, the very nice looking fake wood flooring around the very large/nice swimming pool, had faded as had the fake rocks in the pool area... the fitness center had multiple machines that needed repair and weren't being repaired - a treadmill, a universal type of fitness machine, some of the padding on the various machines, etc... had 3 different management companies running the place in the 2 years I was in the condo - first one was pretty decent... next two were lacking in various areas - as in not responsive to fixing problems, etc... and also, one of the condos near the one I was staying in was being rented short term - and sometimes there would be loud, obnoxious, door slamming Russian people staying in that condo... regarding the Russians - there were lots of them staying in Pratunmak and at The Cliff - and sometimes you would see a smokeN hot looking Russian gal by the swimming pool... very convenient location - 7-11, Family Mart, some restaurants, bars - in walking distance... I walked to Walking Street on occasion, but mostly I would take a motorcycle taxi back and forth to the condo... 

glad I stayed in a sea view condo in Pattaya as it was something I had wanted to do... overall it was a relatively good place to live for the 2 years I was in the condo, all things considered... 

oh yeah, one more thing, with the sea view that I had, there also was HOT HOT HOT sun during the day, making it too hot to hang out on the balcony and heating up the condo - oven roasted stuffers... so something to keep in mind there... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

On 30.9.2017 at 09:04, southsidebruce said:

lived in a 1 bedroom Cliff condo - rented - on the 16th floor - sea views... that was 2014-2016... real good sea views (Koh Larn, etc) until a new condo was being built behind The Cliff, and then the views were partially obstructed (and the problems with noise, dust/dirt from the construction, which would go on late into the night for awhile, etc)... had recurring problems with A/C units mounted in the ceiling, leaking water... had to have the ceiling repaired twice... the build quality and maintenance of the condo is what I am guessing is the norm for relatively recent build condos in Pattaya - not all that good... for example, the very nice looking fake wood flooring around the very large/nice swimming pool, had faded as had the fake rocks in the pool area... the fitness center had multiple machines that needed repair and weren't being repaired - a treadmill, a universal type of fitness machine, some of the padding on the various machines, etc... had 3 different management companies running the place in the 2 years I was in the condo - first one was pretty decent... next two were lacking in various areas - as in not responsive to fixing problems, etc... and also, one of the condos near the one I was staying in was being rented short term - and sometimes there would be loud, obnoxious, door slamming Russian people staying in that condo... regarding the Russians - there were lots of them staying in Pratunmak and at The Cliff - and sometimes you would see a smokeN hot looking Russian gal by the swimming pool... very convenient location - 7-11, Family Mart, some restaurants, bars - in walking distance... I walked to Walking Street on occasion, but mostly I would take a motorcycle taxi back and forth to the condo... 

glad I stayed in a sea view condo in Pattaya as it was something I had wanted to do... overall it was a relatively good place to live for the 2 years I was in the condo, all things considered... 

oh yeah, one more thing, with the sea view that I had, there also was HOT HOT HOT sun during the day, making it too hot to hang out on the balcony and heating up the condo - oven roasted stuffers... so something to keep in mind there... 

Many thanks for your detailed feedback. Much appreciated.

Archived