IGNORED

Alternatives to Kodi

Thamesbank

Having spent the last 18 months installing, uninstalling, updating and getting more and more frustrated with Kodi, perhaps it's time to lok at alternatives.

Currently using my pc with Windows 10, no box.

Recently I tried the BEIN sport Connect, works well after a few early glitches but is only for their own channels.

Considering HDPrime as they have other channels I'm interested in -- have heard conflicting reviews of this.

Could be interested in a paid streaming service if reliable and affordable.

So it sounds like your frustration is with unsupported third party addons to Kodi, not actually with Kodi itself. If you want to get paid content for free, then it takes a bit of configuration work, and reconfiguration work when the paid content provider plugs whatever exploit the third party app Is using. The alternative is to pay for the content you're wanting to stream, or concede that stealing media content takes a bit of effort on your part. 

USTVnow offers a limited free version of the service to try out and see if it works for you before you start paying for the full service. And you already mentioned other pay services.

Thanks for the link, however I'm looking for UK channels - not just the obvious sport ones, but also entertainment channels like Gold and 5star etc.

Kodi addons are up and down continuously - what works today won't tomorrow.

tired of sitting down to watch a programme and spending half of it trying to find a working link.

That's part of why I only use the Kodi part of Kodi, for a local content management system. It's not what you're doing, but anything I want to watch, instead of streaming it, I torrent it (rather than watch while it downloads, I download it and watch it when I want.) I've got an 11TB network storage drive array with quite a few full seasons of BBC and American broadcast television, along with a pile of movies. 

I use Kodi on my laptop and desktop to access the movie and television shares on my LAN, and the Trakt addon to Kodi to keep the watched episodes lists in sync. 

I don't have any experience with this company, but they do offer UK channel service. https://www.expattv.net/

We use Plex - https://www.plex.tv/ - works seamlessly with PC, mobile devices, XBox, Nvidia Shield etc.. Data on a self built server, clients in different countries even - downside fees involved (for the app on some platform / additional services on the server).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mobdro is a very good app. Very simple, install and play, no fannying about configuring and finding addons that are here one day gone the next. Google it. It has bad days, sometimes channels aren't working, next day fine.
00e500b7c8124acd48ce521793a449a3.jpg

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mobdro is a very good app. Very simple, install and play, no fannying about configuring and finding addons that are here one day gone the next. Google it. It has bad days, sometimes channels aren't working, next day fine.

What's the best android emulator to put onto a pc so I can then download Mobdro ?

Nox or Bluestacks ?  Or something else ?

14 minutes ago, Thamesbank said:

What's the best android emulator to put onto a pc so I can then download Mobdro ?

Nox or Bluestacks ?  Or something else ?

Google Mobdro for windows.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 9/30/2017 at 10:59, Evilfriar said:

Google Mobdro for windows.

Cheers

Did the google, and installed the Nox player.

Managed to put Mobdro onto Nox.

But every time I exit a channel the whole Mobdro thing closes down.

And is there a way to (vastly) improve the picture quality ?

Did the google, and installed the Nox player.
Managed to put Mobdro onto Nox.
But every time I exit a channel the whole Mobdro thing closes down.
And is there a way to (vastly) improve the picture quality ?

Picture quality varies but I've never seen it as good as HD

I've been a subscriber to Dexter for a year now and pay £26 every 3 months, will be renewing in about a weeks time.  Very happy with the service, give it 9/10 for reliability and the quality is excellent, lots of channels, all the UK sports channels in HD, US, Canadian and others.  Last time it went down was last December for a few days when the PDC darts was on but it came back and subscribers were given about an extra week, odd issues sometimes but well worth it.

Can be installed on Kodi and there's 2 APK's also on my Firestick, Perfect Player and the Dexter App.  You join the Facebook group Dexter TV Official Group to get the installation instructions and there is also a forum called The Wall for subscribers.

On 29/09/2017 at 08:34, scubascuba3 said:

Good shout - Just installed it. A few handy vids on youtube showing you how to do it, as its not on the play store.

All the sports channels on there ....is the stream usually ok when premiership footy is on?

Good shout - Just installed it. A few handy vids on youtube showing you how to do it, as its not on the play store.
All the sports channels on there ....is the stream usually ok when premiership footy is on?
The streams are ok 70% of the time but they do stop some days, ok the next, so if its something important like for me a golf major i have kodi backup streams ready.
Its also good for a 24/7 Seinfeld channel

Archived