IGNORED

Pattaya in April 2018?

Anynameatall

Hi all first post, can you give a little insite to what Pattaya is like during april? I am thinking of going in april after Songkran, as it will be a bit quieter. Or is it just dead then? This will be my first time in pattaya and i want to try a little of everything (if you know what i mean) but not really in to really really busy places struggling to move or get a drink etc. Or do i have to go in high season to experience it properly? Any advice welcome and much appraciated.

I assume it really depends on what kind of experience you want, and what you prioritize.  I think going just after high season sounds pretty good, as I'm planning to do the same myself (possibly in Feb).  

Pattaya always has a lot to offer and you will enjoy yourself.

I do not like Songkran and would make a point of avoiding it.

April is a very hot month so you might prefer to spend the afternoon lazing by the pool rather than anything else. Once the sun goes down the air cools off a lot so it is all systems go.

hotel prices are down. Girls aplenty and prices more negotiable than in high season.

Thanks for the replys. I dont mean to sound stupid but is there still plenty of girls 2 pick from? Or is the stunners all off on holidays or anything?

Have yous any advice what area i should set up base for 2 weeks? I want to be right in the middle of it all and noise isnt an issue as i am a very heavy sleeper, but there seems to be so many good places im struggling to know were to start.

I'm not sure you'll find a girl you fancy in April, as there is
only about 4,000 in Patts to choose from !
And 6 million less mongers. Patts is always the best in low season, so much pussy so little tourist!

On 28/09/2017 at 16:32, Anynameatall said:

what Pattaya is like during april? 

It will hot.

It will be a filthy shithole that smells like an open sewer. 

It will be full of Thai prostitues. 

My first visit a few years ago was late April, no problem at all with tons of girls. I still remember a reply I got to a question similar to yours. 

"In Pattaya you feel like a rock star, in low season its like you're a rock star on crack". 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been there 2 years in a row after songkran, this year it will be April 8 - May 4.
think April is a good month to be in Pattaya, not too busy,
But still there is everything you want available.
Easily find cheap hotel.

My first visit was earlier this year on May 2nd. Hot as hell, but plenty of girls everywhere and it was quite busy. But as it was my first time, I don't have experience with high/low season. I enjoyed every second of it though, so I'm hooked and looking forward for many more visits to come!

I'm thinking of February for my first trip. I prefer low season anywhere. I too was thinking many of the girls will vacation after high season. 

I'm coming in April, however going up to Pak Chong with Golf club in LK Metro for some golf obviously to escape Songkran and then back down for 13 nights. 

Can't wait

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If you have never been to Thailand before the heat and humdity will perhaps make you feel REALLY uncomfortable (depending on your age/shape/drinking habit etc. of course) during April. It is the hottest month of the year and most people have no idea what this means. Not sure if everyone can handle it. If you want to avoid high season, which i can totally understand and i do it myself, either go in Nov or (late) Jan/Feb for your first visit. After that you can decide if you REALLY want to go during the HOT months :D 

9 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

If you have never been to Thailand before the heat and humdity will perhaps make you feel REALLY uncomfortable (depending on your age/shape/drinking habit etc. of course) during April. It is the hottest month of the year and most people have no idea what this means. Not sure if everyone can handle it. If you want to avoid high season, which i can totally understand and i do it myself, either go in Nov or (late) Jan/Feb for your first visit. After that you can decide if you REALLY want to go during the HOT months :D 

What's late January like mate? Cool in the night?

Will all the bars be ram packed?

This February will be my 6th trip to Patts since the end of '12, each time from somewhere around beginning of November to as late as end of May (this past May).

Normally, even in January it is HOT, even in the evenings. Just walking anywhere around town and you WILL sweat through your shirt, even at night.

That said, this past December through roughly end of February, it was cooler than any of my first 4 trips. Days weren't nearly as bad as previous trips and the evenings were downright pleasant. As that was different than my 1st 4 trips Im thinking that was the exception, not the rule.

I'm told by ex-pats living there full time that April is actually the hottest month. I haven't been in Patts at all during June through end of Oct so I can't speak to that, only that by all accounts it's pretty wet (and fairly hot of course) during the Summer months.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

1 hour ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

What's late January like mate? Cool in the night?

Will all the bars be ram packed?

As i was in Pattaya from mid Jan to mid Feb this year i can say it was totally ok (at least for me!). I made daytrips to Nong Nooch and other places, even walked(!) all the way from Soi Diana up to Big Buddha in the afternoon, walked on another day around all the way up to Soi 1 and from there on downwards until Soi 8 (up and down every street without exception) and it never felt uncomfortable for me. At night it was not "cool" but i think on two or three days i was really thinking a moment about wearing long pants. But i am also not overweight, i don't drink or smoke, so it is maybe a bit hard to compare myself to other people :P or to have an idea if everyone could do the same things :rolleyes:

Ram packed bars? Not really. A few. Depends on where you are. Some bars on Soi 7/8/MiT were full every time i went by, other places looked deserted. Good thing about it: It does not matter if you like ram packed bars or empty ones - you will find exactly what you are searching for. I for myself like it a bit quieter.

On 9/29/2017 at 15:30, Bonkabit said:

Pattaya always has a lot to offer and you will enjoy yourself.

I do not like Songkran and would make a point of avoiding it.

April is a very hot month so you might prefer to spend the afternoon lazing by the pool rather than anything else. Once the sun goes down the air cools off a lot so it is all systems go.

Hotel prices are down. Girls aplenty and prices more negotiable than in high season.

Good advice that man.

March -April is my first of each year trips,  the tropical heat isn't a problem if you stay out of the mid day heat, maintain hydration (water) and wear light clothing. Control the alcohol intake or you'll dehydrate enough to waste a good holiday.

Late afternoon and into the night playtime is the smart tactic IMO.

On 9/30/2017 at 03:58, minted50 said:

I'm not sure you'll find a girl you fancy in April, as there is

only about 4,000 in Patts to choose from !

14000 plus....555

• 2 months later...

My first Thailand trip was in April 2015, and I have visited each year since in April (as well as October/November).  If there were no women I would not keep going at this time and, yes, I am booked already for this upcoming April.  

Yes, it is hot, but not all that bad.  I come from Florida and am somewhat accustomed to heat and humidity, but I am over 60, yet I manage to walk from Soi 6 to Soi 13/3 during mid afternoon and haven't dropped dead from a heat attack yet.  (But since my first few visits I am smarter and hop on a baht bus now.)  Neither has rain ever been much of an issue, as opposed to the flooding I experienced in October!  

April and May are great times to visit, provided you skip Songkran.  

• 2 months later...

Hi, Songkran is on the 13-15th April from what I have found. I would definitely if possible move your dates forward and enjoy Songkran. It is the best time to be in Thailand and so much fun, you guys would have a great time.

If you cannot change your dates, Pattaya is never dull. You friend must have had his eyes and ears shut. So many bands, clubs and bars etc, and then there are the quiet bars which are still entertaining.

The most popular time to go for a tour to Pattaya is from November to April when there is little rain and lots of sunshine. However, the climate is warm all year round and although the risk of rain is much higher during the low season there are still plenty of sunny days so the “rainy” months are still well worth considering when planning a trip.

Archived