Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Landing at midnight, should I go to Pattaya or wait until morning

briant1105

Hi, my flight will be landed at 2 am in the morning, is that a good idea to go to Pattaya directly with Nam taxi service or should I wait until day break? Anyone has experience with the midnight ride? Is that safe to do so? Thank you for your help.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z01MDA 發送

Unless Bangkok is part of your trip, head straight down ... you can be and on WS by around 4 am.

1 hour ago, briant1105 said:

Hi, my flight will be landed at 2 am in the morning, is that a good idea to go to Pattaya directly with Nam taxi service or should I wait until day break? Anyone has experience with the midnight ride? Is that safe to do so? Thank you for your help.

32 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Unless Bangkok is part of your trip, head straight down ... you can be and on WS by around 4 am.

What Ru4Real said.

There are also some 24 hour bars where the gogo girls go to freelance after the gogo closes at 3am.

When I have used Nam taxi service, always safe whatever time of day or night, lady drivers, modern clean cars.

Consider the possibility that you might land earlier than scheduled arrival time. If you are seated close to airplane exit door, you can get ahead of most of the passengers on your flight - it can be very long walk, and if you can walk at a fast pace you will get their soon enough. But all bets are off if there are several flights arriving at same time and immigration is not staffed properly.

Will you check any bags? How long for your bag to arrive?

I have never tried the fast track service, but that might be a good idea. 

TGOEA

Straight to pattaya hotel get settled and get some sleep,then when you get up you`ll  (hopefully) be refreshed and ready to go!Believe  you`ll be glad you did it this way,admittedly its tempting thugh,you just got to have self discipline!:D

hotels in Pattaya are cheaper and its a difference of about an hour to get to a local hotel rather than going to Pattaya.  Plus you will be spending twice on transport.   Go directly to Pattaya, rest up and start your trip off right. 

The majority have spoken bro.

Straight to Patts and catch up on rest. No need to push yourself on the very first day. That's what I have always done landing early morning at BKK.

And I have always reserved a room for that previous day even though I won't really be using the room until early morning after arriving in Patts. Someone actually asked about this before. No need to be a cheap chuckster.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

On 9/28/2017 at 03:10, briant1105 said:

Anyone has experience with the midnight ride? Is that safe to do so?

so far, i have had no problem taking Nam's taxi service (3x) late at night/early in the morning.

on the flip side, i did have a problem taking the regular taxi from the taxi stand late at night, hence, i will never do that again. besides, Nam's taxi service is less expensive than the taxi at the airport.

have a good trip.

Just make sure you're staying at a place with 24 hour check in desk. Most guest house type places will not be open at that time.

Straight to Pattaya. Check in, shower, run out to iBar at about 3:30am and go snog some Thai flange 

56 minutes ago, philkrenshaw said:

Just make sure you're staying at a place with 24 hour check in desk. Most guest house type places will not be open at that time.

Most hotels and guest houses will make some sort of arrangement for you to get keys if they do not have a 24 hour reception.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

3 minutes ago, SteveX08 said:

Most hotels and guest houses will make some sort of arrangement for you to get keys if they do not have a 24 hour reception.

Correct, I booked a place in VT6 and did not get in until about 2 or 3 am, the agent left the key with the security guards on the reception desk next to the lifts.

1 hour ago, philkrenshaw said:

Off the top of my head, just an idea, if you book a taxi with Nam or a similar company, you can always ask then to pick up your key from the guest house during the day, OK it with the guest house and all is good.

The taxi ride itself is fine, nothing stopping you from going directly to Patts other than your own comfort and possible fatigue from the long haul travel.

How long is your trip? I normally take off around 4 months over the winter so I am not in too big of a hurry. I book a hotel near BKK airport with transfer and breakfast included. Nice to get off the long flight and be in my hotel 20 minutes after I walk out of the airport, shower and bed waiting. Make my way to Patts after some rest and a good breakfast. 

I'm in the same boat, flight lands at 12:30 am.   I just booked with Nam to get my transport to Pattaya.  By the time I get through customs, exchange some baht, get a sim card, get to hotel, get checked in it will probably be 330.  After 20 hours of travel I doubt I'll feel like going to WS- but we'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

i mean is there really a reason to fly and immediately go out? I say get to ur room breathe out get some rest if u go out maybe 30 min max just to get a feel then get some rest and live to fight another day! ur body will thank u later..

fyi

poon aint going nowhere!

I learned early on to just go straight to Pattaya.  That time of night it takes about 1hr. 20 min.  

8 minutes ago, Cosmic36 said:

I learned early on to just go straight to Pattaya.  That time of night it takes about 1hr. 20 min.  

I agree, it will be the lightest traffic and an easy trip. Even if you stay near the airport you will still spend half an hour getting to and checking into an airport hotel and then you have to do it again in the morning.

im often too hyped to sleep when I arrive so need an an hour or two to acclimatise, so may as well be entertained.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup night time is the best time to travel you can take a quick nap in the taxi and you will be in pattaya. Hopefully the cab driver is not a maniac.

Straight to Pattaya cos there is no traffic rather than going in a busy traffic in the daytime . 

Archived