IGNORED

Hua Hin - a few observations

johnfb43

1) Condos to rent are more expensive now in Hua Hin than in Pattaya?

2) There is much less to do in Hua Hin?

3) Cost of living is more expensive in Hua Hin?

4) The Hua Hin beach and sea for bathing is much cleaner than Pattaya but the jellyfish in the sea there are a pain literally as are the hidden rocks!?

5) Freelance girls are much less in numbers in Hua Hin + more expensive? Are there any in Hua Hin and where can they be found? The Pattaya beach road prices are not available in Hua Hin?

6) Living on a pension of 1300 USD a month means life for a 60+ year old foreigner in Hua Hin is a struggle?

Any comments welcome.

14 hours ago, soi16 said:

What about horse shit?

The beach is full of it and its free............:ThumbUp6:

10 hours ago, johnfb43 said:

1) Condos to rent are more expensive now in Hua Hin than in Pattaya?

2) There is much less to do in Hua Hin?

3) Cost of living is more expensive in Hua Hin?

4) The Hua Hin beach and sea for bathing is much cleaner than Pattaya but the jellyfish in the sea there are a pain literally as are the hidden rocks!?

5) Freelance girls are much less in numbers in Hua Hin + more expensive? Are there any in Hua Hin and where can they be found? The Pattaya beach road prices are not available in Hua Hin?

6) Living on a pension of 1300 USD a month means life for a 60+ year old foreigner in Hua Hin is a struggle?

Any comments welcome.

1)I never looked too much at condo prices in HH but I have seen a few YouTube videos of someone looking at prices there and they seemed quite reasonable.

2)Probably less to do but many of the things I look for,shopping,beach,few bars,good eating places both places have enough for me.

3) Some parts are more expensive but I know a few markets outside the town centre a bit that are as cheap as Pattaya.

4) Yes the hidden rocks caught me a few times( and they do hurt)but move a bit further down the beach and they are not there.More down to where a lot of the windsurfers are.

5) Never looked for freelancers as was staying with friendsBut they are there in Hilton hotel disco after about 2pm I think.DId have a look in there once.

6)No don't think it too difficult to live on1300usd but that can be an open ended question because everybody has different things they are looking for.Depends if somebody frequents bars a lot and is looking for massages and company everyday.

On the weekends HH does fill up with Bangkok people coming down with a little bit of money to spend.I think it is also one on the driest areas in Thailand so doesn't get too much rain.Most things will be toned down there too because of the Royal residences there.

1 minute ago, Gaztop08 said:

Double post

• 2 months later...

I go there regularly for a month staying in 2 star hotels. There is action there but obviously it's not Pattaya ..

If your not into bar hopping 24/7 then it's a relaxing venue with lots of coffee and massage shops and the beach...I love the relaxed street scene here from the many coffee shops that dot the town center..The action at night is in the 3 soi which have good range of girls.

If your a party creature stay with Pattaya.. :D

Watch the utube vlog of 'Jonny there is something happening'.  He lives in HH and his videos have some great info on the place...

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I'm thinking of going to Hua Hin next June for a change of scenery, I've heard there is a lot less Russians, Indians and Arabs in Hua Hin and it is more the Nordic countries that visit there. A few nice sports bars to watch the World cup and some nice beer bars will do fine. There's a few malls and markets to pass a few hours during the day and there's plenty of nice hotels although they seem a little dearer than Patts on a like for like basis. If I get bored then Pattaya is only a two hour boat journey away. I've a sneaking suspicion I'm going to like it. Anyone recommend hotels, decent 4 star, preferably guest friendly. I'm looking at the Visa, BTC(the one with your own pool) and Sirin. All look close to the action and look very nice.

I thought the restaurants were a little better in quality and diversity. Perhaps they don't have to cater for the 100 baht fat bastard breakfasts demanded in Pattaya

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

22 hours ago, dontpanic said:

I'm thinking of going to Hua Hin next June for a change of scenery, I've heard there is a lot less Russians, Indians and Arabs in Hua Hin and it is more the Nordic countries that visit there. A few nice Sports bars to watch the World cup and some nice beer bars will do fine. There's a few malls and markets to pass a few hours during the day and there's plenty of nice hotels although they seem a little dearer than Patts on a like for like basis. If I get bored then Pattaya is only a two hour boat journey away. I've a sneaking suspicion I'm going to like it. Anyone recommend hotels, decent 4 star, preferably guest friendly. I'm looking at the Visa, BTC(the one with your own pool) and Sirin. All look close to the action and look very nice.

G Hua Hin resort ... very nice. Close to beach and shoppings centres 

1 hour ago, nunchuck said:

G Hua Hin resort ... very nice. Close to beach and shoppings centres 

Yes that one looks good too, any bars you'd recommend?

27 minutes ago, soi16 said:

Says mr. Von-sir-duke ronrat. Sorry Im lovely drunk bastard, just at the moment.

Ms. Jennyboy, punish me, please?

Careful what you wish for soi16, posting drunk can get you in trouble. Play nice.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

1 minute ago, deano4598 said:

Careful what you wish for soi16, posting drunk can get you in trouble. Play nice.

Delete plesseand good naight

• 3 weeks later...

Archived