Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bangkok to BKK on Friday - easy at 5am?

Bira

I have 8am flight departing BKK (November, 2017) I usually have no problems geting to airport by 5:30 to 5:40,  hiring taxi not later 5am from a Sukhumvit hotel. But next trip I will stay near Silom Road, at Lebua at State Tower (apparently a hotel that was featured in the film Hangover 2), and will travel on a Friday morning. Should I expect at least 15 more minutes to get to Suvarnabhumi airport? Probably leave 4:45am?

I might want to hire private car, just to be on safe side. Maybe someone can recommend private driver? 

TGOEA

Not really. You have the Sirat Expy close to Charoen Krung and your hotel. The major traffic jams usually starts 6.30-7am so any journey to Suvarnabhumi should be 45 minutes by taxi with no traffic at that time in the morning. Plenty of moving taxi's in Bangkok 24 hours any time of day or night. I used to stay winters in the Wongwian Yai area of Bangkok and could reach the airport by taxi in 45 minutes

In 2016, I got a taxi Sathon to BKK which took 45min at 5am, no traffic.  The problem I have experienced is getting a taxi that will use the meter.  In previous years, many taxis that I tried to get myself from Sukhumvit area did not want to use the meter.  But I learned to get the security guards to flag a taxi that uses the meter.

Thanks fellas. 45 minutes - so about 15 minutes longer compared to the route departing from Sukhumvit area. Will plan for this, with an early checkout, at 4:30am. Still thinking of calling a driver I have used for a few rides to Patts. 

TGOEA

Archived