IGNORED

Drink on Thai trains

gogs007

Yes it's banned. But Ive traveled from Bangkok to Surat Thani on a sleeper train and i brought a bottle of sangsom with me in my luggage and drank it on my bunk. 

Some crazy guy a few years ago got drunk and threw his 5 year old kid out the window. 

Since then they banned alcohol. 

Tgey don't check luggage so people do bring it on and drink it in second class bunks or first class compartments. 

21 minutes ago, bob_ny said:

Some crazy guy a few years ago got drunk and threw his 5 year old kid out the window. 

Tgey don't check luggage so people do bring it on and drink it in second class bunks or first class compartments. 

I may be mistaken but I believe this this story you are referring to. A drunken (former)  train employee raping and murdering a thirteen year old girl and then throwing her body out the window. https://www.thenational.ae/world/asia/thai-man-gets-death-penalty-for-train-rape-murder-1.233943

16 minutes ago, manni2011 said:

I may be mistaken but I believe this this story you are referring to. A drunken (former)  train employee raping and murdering a thirteen year old girl and then throwing her body out the window. https://www.thenational.ae/world/asia/thai-man-gets-death-penalty-for-train-rape-murder-1.233943

Probably. I was told the story a few years ago when I took the overnight to Chiang Mai. 

An example of "believe little of what you hear" 

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:38, gogs007 said:

Hi I read on a web site that alcohol was band on Thai trains. Can anyone confirm this is the case. Thanks

Banned for passengers or banned for drivers?

On 24/09/2017 at 10:38, gogs007 said:

Hi I read on a web site that alcohol was band on Thai trains. Can anyone confirm this is the case. Thanks

Not just trains I believe it is all public transport. You can't even get a beer on Thai domestic flights or in the domestic business lounges. 

Indeed I think drinking in any vehicle is now banned unless it is parked outside the home of the owner. 

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:13, bob_ny said:

I think the trains that travel through Pattaya only have 3rd class carriages.

Archived