IGNORED

Olala - Dongtan Beach

ChiFlyer

Davidge initially pointed this place out within a generalized seafood thread.

He wrote that it is pleasant, good service, decent food, and a nice Ocean view, present construction withstanding.

I went to the Sandbar the other night and it was packed. It was one of their music nights (Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays). I didn't feel like dealing with the touristy crowd and noticed that the Olala was right next door. I fully concur with Davidge's summary. Excellent for a Sandbar music night as you get to listen to the music at the Olala as well, which is not all that bad sitting there with a beach breeze.

Here is a quick pic of my fish dinner. Nothing that great, but tasty and inexpensive.

Olala.JPG

Glad you find it ok.

Agree, not haute cuisine but reasonable food at OK prices with friendly service.

I tend to go there for a late breakfast or maybe lunch - on days when I skipped breakfast. Always nice to look out over the beach & sea whilst eating.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

is that the place right before sandbar?  looks nice but if it is, I have seen the German owner screaming at the girls so many times I will never go.

I like sandbar, rabbit resort, pirate bay along that strip

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

is that the place right before sandbar?  looks nice but if it is, I have seen the German owner screaming at the girls so many times I will never go.

I like sandbar, rabbit resort, pirate bay along that strip

Yes, it is just before Sandbar. Been there quite a while. I 'think' it's linked to the Olala on Soi 7 Pattaya but not certain. From the name, I assumed it was Norwegian owned?

I've never noticed the owner/manager there.

It's pretty much the only place I go to on the 'strip' now. As you know, I had a dreadful meal at Sandbar the one time I went so won't go back - it tends to be too crowded anyway. Rabbit is expensive, and a bit too far down the beach. The American (??) wife of the owner is a bit of a ***** as well. Never heard of Pirate Bay. Is it the place connected to Pattaya Park?

34 minutes ago, davidge said:

........ From the name, I assumed it was Norwegian owned?

Definitely Norwegian. There is a noticeable Norwegian influence on the menu. Gonna try the Sandbar tonight. Taking a special lady friend and her sister. Ain't I the sport.  

2 hours ago, davidge said:

......... Never heard of Pirate Bay. Is it the place connected to Pattaya Park?

I think I noticed Pirate Bay tonight. It's an open air place just after you make the turn in at the Police Station. Definitely not a higher end joint from the quick look I made.

14 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I think I noticed Pirate Bay tonight. It's an open air place just after you make the turn in at the Police Station. Definitely not a higher end joint from the quick look I made.

Thanks. There used to be Bondi near there but that closed a while ago now. There is a coffee shop & a Scandinavian restaurant just before where Bondi used to be - never noticed the name. Ate in the restaurant once (and only once :-)

Edit: just did a search and looks as if it's a new place. Opened in August - unless the video I found is an old one.

At Olala, if you sit too close to the path you get the gay boys saying they remember you as they walk past.

Nice food there, relaxing, not busy. Some construction noise now.

3 minutes ago, rog555 said:

At Olala, if you sit too close to the path you get the gay boys saying they remember you as they walk past.

Maybe you do....:Whistle:

14 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Davidge initially pointed this place out within a generalized seafood thread.

He wrote that it is pleasant, good service, decent food, and a nice Ocean view, present construction withstanding.

I went to the Sandbar the other night and it was packed. It was one of their music nights (Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays). I didn't feel like dealing with the touristy crowd and noticed that the Olala was right next door. I fully concur with Davidge's summary. Excellent for a Sandbar music night as you get to listen to the music at the Olala as well, which is not all that bad sitting there with a beach breeze.

Here is a quick pic of my fish dinner. Nothing that great, but tasty and inexpensive.

Olala.JPG

Pangasius?

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

22 hours ago, davidge said:

Yes, it is just before Sandbar. Been there quite a while. I 'think' it's linked to the Olala on Soi 7 Pattaya but not certain. From the name, I assumed it was Norwegian owned?

I've never noticed the owner/manager there.

It's pretty much the only place I go to on the 'strip' now. As you know, I had a dreadful meal at Sandbar the one time I went so won't go back - it tends to be too crowded anyway. Rabbit is expensive, and a bit too far down the beach. The American (??) wife of the owner is a bit of a ***** as well. Never heard of Pirate Bay. Is it the place connected to Pattaya Park?

just checked the name this morining, a reall asshole german owns it.  food good but he is a real jerk, seen him many times, and i mean many for the place next door berating his workers big time, had many in tears.   I almost got out of my seat many times to give him the talk, but passed, figured they could just quit.  hard to watch but loud enough there is no choice

i liked the food with reasonable prices , last time i went there i didn't noticed the creaming german or norvegian owner and the staff was nice .  i like the area , cozy place in front of the sea and no noisy street full of cars and motorbikes .

Archived