Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fast track passport in the UK.

noshow

I am going to the UK (Glasgow) for three weeks next week. I want to get a fast track passport which takes about one week.

Do I need to make an appointment, or can I walk in and do the business there and then with the fee, and passport photo etc?

I will be staying at the same hotel for the whole three weeks, will I have any problems getting my new passport sent there?

Thank you.

i did a same day fast track passport in london feb 2016. all done in 4 hrs. had to pre book and pay in advance via a call centre. it was more expensive but easy peasy

31 minutes ago, striderman said:

i did a same day fast track passport in london feb 2016. all done in 4 hrs. had to pre book and pay in advance via a call centre. it was more expensive but easy peasy

Thanks, I will go to the passport office in Glasgow and book, pay in advance, I just hope I can get a booking quickly. I wish I could get it in four hours, but reading the Glasgow website, it said one week.

21 minutes ago, noshow said:

Thanks, I will go to the passport office in Glasgow and book, pay in advance, I just hope I can get a booking quickly. I wish I could get it in four hours, but reading the Glasgow website, it said one week.

i dunno about glasgow but london there was no just turn up, it all had to be booked in advance..............i booked and paid sat morning and they gave me 08 45 on the monday morning so it was pretty quick

Fast Track service is 1 week. £111 for 48-page passport.

Premium Service is 1 day. £137 for 48-page passport.

You can phone to make appointment or do it online.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/book-appointment-pay

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

47 minutes ago, davidge said:

Fast Track service is 1 week. £111 for 48-page passport.

Premium Service is 1 day. £137 for 48-page passport.

You can phone to make appointment or do it online.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/book-appointment-pay

Thanks Davidge.

I got a new one in glasgow last month,premium service,appointment at 11am took me at 10,30 ,went back in afternoon about 2,30pm 5 minutes i had my new passport :),cost was actually about £155 total,feckin rip off if ye ask me but i had no choice as only had 1 day before i flew back to los.

4 hours ago, noshow said:

Why take a chance and "hope" you get a booking.Yes you probably may,but you could phone them and get your appointment in now.Last time I did this was about 3 years ago and went for the same day service that I had booked with a phone call appointment.

What I would like to know is will the passport people post to my hotel, or even to the office itself where I can pick it up?

8 minutes ago, noshow said:

What I would like to know is will the passport people post to my hotel, or even to the office itself where I can pick it up?

If you use the Premium service it won't be posted. You collect same day. It also says someone else can collect for you.

With the FastTrack, it says 'posted to your address'. Default would obviously be your registered U.K. address.  

Edit: it does say in the advice for people visiting the U.K. that you need a U.K. address. I'm pretty sure they'd post to any address you request in the U.K.

Just to confirm the advice given above, I renewed my passport this week in London.

Booked and prepaid online Sunday evening...had my new passport Monday afternoon.

Be aware though if you miss your appointment you lose your money...also make a note of the appointment reference as the confirmation email took nearly 24 hours to appear.

In London there is full airport style security...the chap in front of me had a set of Allen keys taken off him so worth travelling light.

22 hours ago, penboy said:

Why not e-mail or phone the passport office in Glasgow directly?

I can go personally as my hotel is not far from the passport office, I just want things to be as hassle free as possible, and am only in the UK for three weeks.

2 hours ago, noshow said:

I can go personally as my hotel is not far from the passport office, I just want things to be as hassle free as possible, and am only in the UK for three weeks.

Obviously I mean e-mail them before you arrive in the UK. If you have questions, they will give you the correct answers.

1 minute ago, penboy said:

Obviously I mean e-mail them before you arrive in the UK. If you have questions, they will give you the correct answers.

Good idea, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

My situation just now is I was guaranteed my passport within 3 weeks by the post office, I have now got 7 days to go and have not got my passport yet, I am getting very worried now, anyone know what my options are if it does not come in about the next five days apart from getting my plane changed to a later date, and staying on in my hotel till I get my passport?

44 minutes ago, noshow said:

My situation just now is I was guaranteed my passport within 3 weeks by the post office, I have now got 7 days to go and have not got my passport yet, I am getting very worried now, anyone know what my options are if it does not come in about the next five days apart from getting my plane changed to a later date, and staying on in my hotel till I get my passport?

Can you track it online ? I did mine same time of year after summer holidays and it was 7 days standard service. 

8 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Can you track it online ? I did mine same time of year after summer holidays and it was 7 days standard service. 

No, I have to phone the passport office on Monday, though it was the post office, who are dealing with it.

This is the main passport office contact page. I would give it to noon tomorrow and then maybe give them a ring. Good Luck

http://contactnumbers.guru/passport-office/

Why are you using Royal Mail. I thought the plan was to do it all in person?

As advised, phone them up on Monday.

6 hours ago, noshow said:

Why the fuck did you do it through the Post Office? :Oops1:

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

Why the fuck did you do it through the Post Office? :Oops1:

Because I went into the PO to get the form which I was going to fill in myself, and then make an appointment at the Passport office, they said they provided a service and told me it was guaranteed to arrive within 2 to 3 weeks, so I did it as it was in plenty of time.

On 21/09/2017 at 13:35, striderman said:

I did this with the office next to Victoria station. I booked a time slot over the internet, turned up and paid on the day.

In addition, as I have dual nationality, I had to take my other passport with me and photocopies of EVERY page in my other passport.

After 4 hours (a meal and a wander around London) I went back and picked up my new passport.

I only had 10 days in the UK to visit my folks, so the 4 hour turn around suited me well.

Archived