IGNORED

Can a foreigner buy house or land at Pattaya?

doomsmith

Hi, I'm from Malaysia who is planning to move to Pattaya and working as an accounting lecturer. 
Am I eligible to buy a house or land at Pattaya? 
What is the average price for house there (average house not too big or small).

4 hours ago, doomsmith said:

Hi, I'm from Malaysia who is planning to move to Pattaya and working as an accounting lecturer. 
Am I eligible to buy a house or land at Pattaya? 
What is the average price for house there (average house not too big or small).

No land ownership but a stupid way is "rent" the land to build your own house. Individual can only buy a condo. 

Foreigners cannot own land in Thailand.

They can take out a 30-year lease on land then build if they wish. Many foreigners do this up-country in Issan etc when they are settling down with a Thai gf/wife.

Many foreigners buy houses in a company name. This is, strictly speaking, illegal but there have rarely been problems with this. It means some extra annual expenses from the company paperwork.

As for prices, they really do vary greatly depending on location. Cheaper inland on the 'dark side' i.e. east of Sukhumvit Road. More expensive in Central Pattaya or near the coast in Jomtien.

A 'nice' villa in Jomtien can cost 10-15 million baht, a smallish house on the dark side can be had for maybe 3-4 million, or less. I've not really looked much at these so you will need to check current prices and get advice on which are the better areas to be in out there.

There are many, many empty rental properties available now with very reasonable rents to be found. This may be a better way for you to go. It can take a long time to sell a property when you leave Pattaya.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived