Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Places in Pattaya to BUY laptops

mongo2

7 minutes ago, mongo2 said:

How to reset it to scratch and start over?

Worse case - yes.

Try the CAPS Lock key - reverse whatever it's set to and try the password again. Is there a Thai/English setting to change keyboard languages? On the login screen is there a way to bring up a virtual keyboard on screen? If so, bring that up and try clicking in the password on that.

If you get it to login... you might want to set "auto login" for the lady's account. It's not the best setting for security, but it might reduce the risk of getting locked out while she's learning the ropes. 

OK, I will try that BUT in the meantime she is off to see the wizard at Power Buy who helped her set ti up.  Hopefully he can help her.  If not I will try your suggestions when she returns.

She will likely be away for a few hours.  Just departed to PB moments ago.

Sorry to be so late responding.  She returned from Power Buy all fixed up.  Logging in daily now.  Now she does not have time to wash the dinner dishes :wacko:.  Loves to plat Thai Issaan vids on You Tube and dance around the kitchen. 

Pleased you found what you needed for her.

Bit too late but for others in this situation I might have advised a tablet rather than a laptop for your use case.

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 17:55, CyberPro said:

If your notebook is 4-5 years old I'd say it's overdue for a battery replacement. 

I buy mine on Ebay after checking reviews for sellers. Some offer batteries with greater capacity than the one that came with the laptop when new, so you may end up with even more battery life than when you bought the laptop. $25-30 or so USD is a likely price. Again read the seller reviews. 

Next trip booked for April 2018.  This morning, turned on laptop, just to keep it up to date, and the generic battery had zero life.  But had got 4 years out of it so was not really upset.  Luckily, still had the original battery (which I had replaced because of warning message saying it would soon need replacing) put in and laptop came to life.  (There was NO warning with the generic though).  So did the ebay thing and have another generic ordered at a good price :D

So should have no problems next trip with a 4 month old battery but it made me wonder what the situation would have been if the generic battery had lasted until April and died in Pattaya...  Is it possible to purchase replacement batteries in Tukcom?  (Laptop is Dell Latitude E6410)

Archived