IGNORED

Thai Business Class Experience?

fatboy21

I am wanting  to fly from Heathrow to Bangkok for a few days there and in Pattaya, then on to the Philippines returning to London from there. Decided to use just one carrier for these journeys and Thai fits the bill. My last experience flying Thai was a few years ago, so would appreciate any tips, suggestions,reviews on flying in the A380 biz from London and 777 to Manila.  Did you try various lounges in Heathrow? Good wine selection on board? Is it dine on demand? Are Thai very strict with luggage weights and dimensions? Thanks

You'll love it. Singapore and United are the 2 best Lounges in terminal 2. Right by the take off gates.

Complimentary champagne regular top ups if requested. Wine is great and a wide choice of reds 2 really good ones and constant supply no limits. They honestly feed you too much with a wide choice to satisfy all tastes.

Not strict at all about luggage on Biz Class no. You get Fast Track both sides which is great coming back from LOS and Thai or Singapore Lounges are good in Swampy.

Hope this helps you'll love it......  and A380 is so smooth taking off and landing. :Beer2:

You'll need to check which lounges are available to you. Thai only told me I could use the United lounge. Eva told he I could use any of the 3. Agree that United & Singapore are better than Air Canada. I flew on the 1230 Thai flight and the United lounge had a very good full English breakfast.

I found Thai Biz to be very disappointing compared to Eva. Food was poor. Service very average. No 'dine on demand'. Food was served at a fixed time. I'll try to find the link to my thread when I reviewed it.

Try to get a 'window' seat on the A380. It's a staggered layout and alternate seats feel as if you're stuck out in the aisle, and it's not easy reaching the storage next to the window. Sorry, can't remember if it's odd or even numbers that are better.

When you arrive at BKK you need to have your boarding card handy as you show it to use the Priority Lane - you're not given a Priority card. When you leave, Thai has it's own immigration lanes at the end of their check in desks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for the above thread enjoyed reading it. I do agree with Jack Frost that 2 years or so ago service was much better but still think it is fine.

Never flown Eva Biz.

Gave up on Eva many moons ago when they kept cancelling flights. Apart from that always liked flying with them. Agree food was nice.

Also as he stated Turkish are great as well.

As for lounges the Singapore Air one in Swampy was the best but sadly they have just moved it to D gate rather than C. New one is plusher and very nice but lacks character. Gold Card gets you in to all of them. PS Lufthansa in Terminal 2 Heathrow is also really good for early on in the day flights and German beer on tap. Superb breakfasts.

Thai Lounge in Swampy is really poor are 100% .... in the evening often full of Indian passengers looting the fridges before boarding the Delhi flight.

Not a  pretty sight,  whereas 1st Class one directly opposite is amazing. + also strongly agree must have a window seat. Thai always arrange for me no problem.

14 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Thanks for the above thread enjoyed reading it. I do agree with Jack Frost that 2 years or so ago service was much better but still think it is fine.

Never flown Eva Biz.

Gave up on Eva many moons ago when they kept cancelling flights. Apart from that always liked flying with them. Agree food was nice.

As for lounges the Singapore Air one in Swampy was the best but sadly they have just moved it to D gate rather than C. New one is plusher and very nice but lacks character. Gold Card gets you in to all of them. PS Lufthansa in Terminal 2 Heathrow is also really good for early on in the day flights and German beer on tap. Superb breakfasts.

Thai Lounge in Swampy is really poor are 100% .... in the evening often full of Indian passengers looting the fridges before boarding the Delhi flight.

Not a  pretty sight,  whereas 1st Class one directly opposite is amazing. + also strongly agree must have a window seat. Thai always arrange for me no problem.

Thanks.

I guessed you had a Gold Card when you mentioned using any lounge. I don't fly much at the moment so am stuck on Silver (though I'd be gold if I hadn't made the mistake of using Gulf last Xmas to save £700 on the Biz fare!). 

Eva told me I could use any of the 3 lounges at LHR anyway. (Air Canada, United, Singapore). Not much to choose between United & Singapore. Don't know if Thai would give the option if asked? Not noticed the Lufthansa lounge. 

Agree, main Thai Lounge in Swampy is dreadful. Don't know if the smaller lounges they have near some gates are any better. Maybe quieter?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Lufthansa is just before you go down the stairs or elevator to the ground floor on the right. It is the best for day time flights. All that German efficiency and cleanliness. I used Air Canada when they first opened very friendly but cramped.

United has that massive long bar and great design, Singapore has better food ...... in the Thai 1st Class lounge once always remember on my return flight being asked:

1. When would you like your breakfast cooked sir ?? (I was well hungover so passed).

2. When would you like your massage sir ?? ...(My what !!!??)

3. Oil, full body or foot massage ?.... :Dance1:..... (Quickly sobered up .....). Different world....

best Lounge ever Istanbul Airport by far !!!

Amazing gaffe stopped over once on way to LOS.

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Never flown Eva Biz.

Agreed Thai lounge at Swampy is awful.BC Thai food was nothing to write home about either.I would fly with another carrier if I could get a direct flight(other than Jetstar :) )

Thanks very much for the input. I know that I can use any or all of the Star Alliance lounges in Heathrow. Have used Air Canada and Singapore Airline lounges before at LHR so United will be a change. I was impressed with Eva Air when I used them before but just not convenient for this visit. I do enjoy a few glasses of quality red wine so will look forward to Thai's offering. I just thought it about time to give Thai another try.

• 2 months later...

When accessing Singapore lounges in general, take careful note of the name: despite every other airline being different, the Gold Kris Lounge is Inferior to the Silver Kris Lounge.

Luckily Thai airways J:Business flights as part of *A: Star Alliance can use the Silver Kris Lounge at Swampy, while at Changi you need to be flying Singapore Business or a Solitaire PPS club member to get Silver Kris.*A, Virgin & even Singapore Gold flyers get Gold Kris lounge at Changi, with inferior food, booze, & lacking showers & toilets. 

Archived