IGNORED

freshwater fishing in or near pattaya?

Djs1969

Hi -can anyone recommend a days fishing in or near pattaya (just wanted to break up the mongering & give my dick a rest for a day lol). I do not want to go to a novice fishing park were you're just pulling out striped (saui) catfish.

I looked on net and amazon has got bad reviews (rip off)

Anyone been to castaway ? - prices and volume of carch rate/species thanks

To

Yes I visited Castaway back in May.

Species: arapaima (maximum known weight 30kg), Siamese carp (21kg), Mekong giant catfish (30kg), Amazon red tail catfish (6kg), alligator gar (8kg), catla carp (12kg), Jullien’s golden carp (3kg), mad barb (7kg), Chinese big head carp (5kg), blue masheer (2kg), pacu (8.5kg), giant featherback (4kg)

Other species include: rohu, barramundi, Asian red tail catfish, Java barb, golden Java barb, knifefish, spotted sorubim, mrigal carp, Nile tilapia, silver dollar fish, tub tim, walking catfish, albino walking catfish, giant gourami, striped catfish, ghost carp, snakehead

Prices from 1000 up to 2500.

This link gives you more details.

http://www.pattayafishing.net/castaway-fishing-park/

I'm a total novice but still managed to land about a dozen fish over the course of about six hours.  Everything from a Siamese carp to a red tail catfish.  The owner, a Brit, is a very nice guy who has obviously invested some good money into his lake.  The food and drinks are also very reasonable.

I'd totally recommend it, even though it is a bit pricier than your typical fishing lake in the area.

Loads of lakes on the Darkside that have minimal charges around 200 baht for rod and bait such as Wilf''s fishing retreat. has facebook site for details but for quality record breaking fish the castaway cant be beaten run by a great guy John he even dived in to flush a massive catfish out the reeds for me and they do great food but it is a tad expensive. 

Archived