IGNORED

Best daytime seafront restaurants/bars

bertik

Evil P.  may be invaluable in my quest to find the best daytime seafront restaurant/bars,   but all input is welcome.  I am looking for hygienic ,laid back atmosphere with nice ambiance in a seafront establishment. Not a multinational hi-rise conglomerate .

BTW  Evil are you one and the same from "The Green Mango"?     Just curious.  Thanks

Olala Restaurant on Dongtan beach in Jomtien is a very pleasant place to spend a couple of hours. Reasonable food. Decent service. Good view.

(Not at the moment though as there is construction going on as they put new drainage pipes etc all along the beach).

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had not noticed that one Davidge. Sounds interesting.

Hmm - when I Google it, it appears to be on Thappraya near the arch. Obviously, this does not jive with your description. Given that you are probably correct, how far down Beach Road is it from the turn by the police station?

Also for the OP, I am partial to a place called Lungsawai Seafood. It is in South Jomtien beyond the reaches of the baht bus. You would need a cab to get there. The food is decent, not excellent. It is more Thai Seafood than Farang style, which I like. The view is very pretty, if you can get a table with an unobstructed Ocean view. It is near the Reflections Condominiums. Easy to get a cab back.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lung-Sawai-Seafood/181552745190940

You would need transport, but there are several seafood places on the beach front in Bang saray about 25 mins down the coast.very popular with Thai`s in the early evening, sorry have not got opening times. Went with friends in July ,really enjoyed it , could not name it,but from memory taxi was 600b (meter taxi) 

• 2 weeks later...

I walked over to the Sandbar last night on Dongtan Beach. The place was packed at 7:30. I don't like crowds, especially touristy one. I was about to walk  over to one of the places on Thappraya, when I noticed that the Olala was right next door. It was almost empty, so I gave it a try. I agree with Davidge in his summary. Decent food. Good service and a good view, although obstructed by the construction at the moment. Very nice Plan B for when the Sandbar is crowded. And you get the Sandbar music for free.

14 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

There is always the Beer Garden, on the end of the pier just before the entrance to Walking Street.

I am pretty sure that you are referring to the Pattaya Beer Garden. Nice enough place for lunch with a few buddies. Convenient location and very pleasant in the back on a hot day, if there is a sea breeze. Food is nothing special, but not bad either. I got the impression that the OP was wanting to impress a lady friend. This might not be a good candidate for that IMO.

Archived