IGNORED

Streaming problems on Windows 10

Thamesbank

Have been trying to stream from Kodi addons using a pc with Windows 10.

Every channel I select has the "working" circle in the bottom rhs spinning for anything between 1 and 30 seconds - then nothing.

I know that the addons I use work ok here as neighbours have no problems (some using boxes) and also as th channels do very occasionally work. But when they do connect they invariably drop out after a minute or so.

I've tried re-booting and also unplugging the modem  - sometimes this works but again the channels drop out after a few minutes.

I'm using Pulse Krypton on Kodi 17.4 and my internet speed is 64 (today)

Are there any settings on either Windows or Kodi that need to be changed ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can suggest a solution -- if not I suppose my next step is HDPrime

13 hours ago, Thamesbank said:

Have been trying to stream from Kodi addons using a pc with Windows 10.

Every channel I select has the "working" circle in the bottom rhs spinning for anything between 1 and 30 seconds - then nothing.

I know that the addons I use work ok here as neighbours have no problems (some using boxes) and also as th channels do very occasionally work. But when they do connect they invariably drop out after a minute or so.

I've tried re-booting and also unplugging the modem  - sometimes this works but again the channels drop out after a few minutes.

I'm using Pulse Krypton on Kodi 17.4 and my internet speed is 64 (today)

Are there any settings on either Windows or Kodi that need to be changed ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can suggest a solution -- if not I suppose my next step is HDPrime

This might help mate..

7 minutes ago, weaver93 said:

This might help mate..

Thanks, but when I got into Kodi on the Apps setting, the advanced options wasn't there !!??

14 minutes ago, Thamesbank said:

Thanks, but when I got into Kodi on the Apps setting, the advanced options wasn't there !!??

Is it worth reinstalling Kodi again, without the Pulse build?

Then ,see if addons load or not...

7 minutes ago, weaver93 said:

Is it worth reinstalling Kodi again, without the Pulse build?

Then ,see if addons load or not...

Not sure, already done a few new starts.

The addons loaded ok, it's just that the connection to most channels drops out

Are there any settings on Windows that need adjusting ?

Like when the firewall asked whether to allow, I ticked both public and private boxes.

Have already tried permutations of acceleration in the player settings on Kodi and also set cache size via Ares Wizard.  Anything else ?

Its weird...

You could disable the firewall for a minute, to see if its that... or was there an update to your Anti virus program, that is maybe blocking Kodi?

For the hardware acceleration, i'd leave them switched off...

On a PC, I wouldnt set cache size, needed only for  an Android box/firestick

If you have an Android device, you could try using Kodi on your connection....see if the problem persists.

Does your friend use a VPN??

9 hours ago, weaver93 said:

Its weird...

You could disable the firewall for a minute, to see if its that... or was there an update to your Anti virus program, that is maybe blocking Kodi?

For the hardware acceleration, i'd leave them switched off...

On a PC, I wouldnt set cache size, needed only for  an Android box/firestick

If you have an Android device, you could try using Kodi on your connection....see if the problem persists.

Does your friend use a VPN??

Don't think it's AVG as there would be a box flashing up if anything dodgy -- I wonder if it's Windows updates causing this ?  I'm only on pc, no android box.

No, we don't use a VPN as it cut the download speeds so much when we tried

3 hours ago, CyberPro said:

I think I've already tried most of this - when the streams would actually play !!

My problem now is that no channels on any addon will even open.  Although my speedtest says 68, I think 3BB are blocking overseas streams.

On 12/09/2017 at 10:26, Thamesbank said:

I think I've already tried most of this - when the streams would actually play !!

My problem now is that no channels on any addon will even open.  Although my speedtest says 68, I think 3BB are blocking overseas streams.

Maybe a VPN is the way to go...

I know in the UK, a lot of people are using VPN's for kodi and other apks's..

VPN's such as Nord ,PIA and IPVanish have been discussed on youtube..

Maybe try 'safervpn'.as a limited trial  for 3 days. to see IF it is 3BB....

Or disable IPV6.. it appears others are experiencing similar issues..

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1001387-kodi-not-loading-tv-shows-or-movies/

2 hours ago, weaver93 said:

Maybe a VPN is the way to go...

I know in the UK, a lot of people are using VPN's for kodi and other apks's..

VPN's such as Nord ,PIA and IPVanish have been discussed on youtube..

Maybe try 'safervpn'.as a limited trial  for 3 days. to see IF it is 3BB....

Or disable IPV6.. it appears others are experiencing similar issues..

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1001387-kodi-not-loading-tv-shows-or-movies/

The vpn trial sounds worth a try - I tried some free vpn's and all they did was halve my internet speed.

The IPV6 issue is a bit scary (I'm not too technical) and not sure what to do if either no difference or something unexpected occurs

Archived